New lady on the block

Options
kianaj
kianaj Posts: 22 Member
This site is awesome and I've just actually joined today. I've been working on losing weight for quite sometime then it dawned on me that I was trying to lose what took years to put on, in 6mths. Lol, needless to say I stopped taking the supplements and have been eating better, taking it one day at a time. So far, changing my lifestyle has started to change me physically, mentally, and spiritually. Looking forward to you all taking the journey with me and I with you.

Kiana

Replies

• kianaj
    kianaj Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This site is awesome and I've just actually joined today. I've been working on losing weight for quite sometime then it dawned on me that I was trying to lose what took years to put on, in 6mths. Lol, needless to say I stopped taking the supplements and have been eating better, taking it one day at a time. So far, changing my lifestyle has started to change me physically, mentally, and spiritually. Looking forward to you all taking the journey with me and I with you.

Kiana
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kiana:flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
    rollingsmileyfacemedsize.gif
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome!
  • JENN65
    JENN65 Posts: 5
    Options
    Welcome! You said it perfectly. It took a while for us to put it on and it may take a while to get it off. But what a reward when we do. :smile: I have only been on here for a few weeks and I love this site.
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options

Kiana
    [/quote

Welcome Kiana. I think it is fantastic that you have had this realization. Having realistic expectations will make sticking to your new healthy lifestyle easier and more rewarding. I hope many many more people come to the same realization. It certainly took me a while to get there myself.
  • chelseachick
    Options
    welcome
    you're going to love it the people ar every supportive - often silly - and its gives a different perspective on getting fit and feeling good.
    have fun
    helen
  • BibleFreakKid
    Options
    Good job Kiana. Just keep working at it. Congratulations on those changes (doesn't it feel so good to finally get the ball rolling?). =) -Kelsey
  • Jennnnnnnny
    Jennnnnnnny Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    welcome:flowerforyou: .

im sure youll find this place very helpful!!
  • SASSYSMOM
    Options
    Welcome Kiana you certainly have made a wise choice with MFP this site has so many friendly people and everyone has such great ideas and are so supportive. And I can tell you from experience that is makes it so much easier when you have people to talk to and share things with that are going thru the same thing that you are and understand how you feel.
    Have a great day and good luck and
    WELCOME :flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou: You will love it here:drinker:
    And it's great to have ya:flowerforyou: Any questions, just ask :wink:

OH! And be sure to read the threads for Newbies. TONS of good info in them :flowerforyou:
    (you can find them in Community, Message Boards, General Weightloss and Diet, and they are the threads at the top...locked in for newbies (they have the pushpins next to em...cant miss em :wink: )):flowerforyou:

*hugs*
  • jazminew9
    Options
    I agree I just join today also. .I got motivated by a co-worker who has really lost and the good part about it is that she eats what she want as long as she don't go over her daily target. I already started exercising earlier this week and I decided that eating right would help tremendously.My goal is to go down a couple sizes before my class reunion and stay down... So good luck to you
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!
    3129398f.gif
  • dkell
    dkell Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!!! GOOD LUCK AND GOOD HEALTH!!!! :heart: :heart: I'll be looking forward to your posts. Isn't it amazing how many of us are looking for help and motivation.:drinker: :drinker: