Exercise Goal

Options
I'm thinking of changing my exercise goal from four days a week (60 minute workouts) to six or seven days a week (30 minute workouts). Would setting a minimum time during more days be reasonable? I'm thinking yes, but I am new to this. More opinions would be awesome. Thanks! :)

Note: I do plan on exercising more than 30 minutes (cardio plus strength training).

Replies

• mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I've been reading alot where they are saying breaking up your workouts is so much better for you. Says it keeps your metabolism always burning. So I started breaking up my walks to twice a day instead of doing them all in the morning one long walking session. And I started doing my strength training twice a day instead of all at one time.. I have found I like it more, and I am not as worn out by the end of the day...
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I think either one is fine. Consistency is the key.
  • sassi_ladi
    sassi_ladi Posts: 10
    Options
    Has breaking up your routine halped you? Have you seen a difference yet?
  • tfcolvett
    tfcolvett Posts: 18
    Options
    I haven't tried it just yet, but after much thought, I think it would. Even when I work out four days a week (60 minute workouts), I want to exercise more often. It doesn't seem like enough... Maybe it's just a personal preference?
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you are working out... and not all cardio... long cardio sessions are close to pointless.. make sure you are doing a good amount of weight lifting. Muscle burns fat. the more muscle you have the better you burn fat and the easier it is to keep off.

that is my only suggestion.