Fitness Tracker and Entering Exercise

Options
I have a Garmin Vivo Smart (which I love!) but am confused as to how I need to log workouts in MFP. For example, the VivoSmart counts my steps and gives me a certain amount of calories for thsoe steps. If I counted walking the dog for 90 minutes as an exercise activity in MFP, wouldn't I be getting double credit for the calories? Or if I do 60 minutes on an elliptical, my understanding is the tracker counts steps and gives me activity calories so should I also log that as an activity in MFP? I'm just a little confused how to incorporate the fitness tracker info into MFP and want to make sure I'm not overestimating. Any help/advice would be appreciated, thank you!

Replies

• dksmith20110
    dksmith20110 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    From what I have seen with FitBit that MFP can connect to the FitBit web site so if I enter an exercise manually in MFP, the amount recorded in MFP automatically by FitBit will auto-adjust downward next time I sync my tracker to the web site. I don't know if Garmin has something similar. If not, then yes, perhaps it will double count so use one or the other.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    I believe you can connect your Garmin to MyFitnessPal, that would sync you calories and give you any earned calories. I could be wrong about that though. It might have helped to post the name of the tracker in your subject line so other user of VivoSmart could answer you.