PCOS... How low is low (CARBS)

Options
Aubers
Aubers Posts: 39 Member
I'm wonder how many of you with PCOS do the whole low carb thing and how it's working? I'm starting to try really hard to stay low carb but how low is low?? I want to shoot for 90 or less, then gradually go lower. But I'm reading things that make me feel that's not low enough?! How low do you go? Any recommendations?? Food suggestions for saving grace? :)

Replies

• Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and Low GI works for me - no refined carbs, and wholegrains. Low Carb is very difficult to maintain.
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and am on metformin to help regulate my periods and what not. My carb intake varies, but I'm jujst not a carb fan. so, you'll very rarely see me eat strict carbs like pasta/bread/potatoes. I have no clue what is advised/appropriate, but I tend to be under like 60g carbs a day, often under 40. I eat a lot of lean protein and vegetable.
  • cruise160
    cruise160 Posts: 55
    Options
    I stay under 50. For some thats low but Ive weened down slowly. Im getting in all I need plus i take a multivitamin. Since Ive been at the BELOW 50 Im really seeing changes in my body. I feel like my workouts are more effective with the reshaping of my body.
  • Steph_Marie29
    Options
    I cut out most high carb stuff and the weight started dropping off of me.
  • Aubers
    Aubers Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and Low GI works for me - no refined carbs, and wholegrains. Low Carb is very difficult to maintain.

Wow I'm so out of the loop, I thought Low GI was basically the same as low carb. I will have to look it up. Maybe it will be easier??