Stretch Marks

Options
Stretch marks ugh! I have them all over my hips and thighs and everywhere. How do I get rid of them??

Replies

• rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, the answer is you don't. They tend to fade over time, but they are scars. There are some cosmetic surgical options, but apart from that, you learn to live with them like you would any other scar.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you can't. Reducing body fat will make their appearance better, staying moisturized helps the appearance as well. But they are there for life.
  • averyrose23
    averyrose23 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I mean I've heard that they never go away :( but is there a way to diminish their appearance? I've heard cocoa butter does that work?
  • arditarose
    Options
    I don't know. I've tried moisturizers and creams. I think that just staying moisturized makes the skin look nicer, therefore the appearance of stretch marks not as bad. I don't think they do anything to diminish the scars though.

I still have mine! I try focusing on physique/fitness goals. I don't even notice them anymore.
  • averyrose23
    Options
    Thank you for the advice - since I've lost a bit of weight I suppose they have faded a bit so I guess the fitness goal is more important! :)
  • arditarose
    Options
    Thank you for the advice - since I've lost a bit of weight I suppose they have faded a bit so I guess the fitness goal is more important! :)

Yeah! They start to look better with fat loss for sure. Good luck to you :)
  • Living360
    Living360 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    When you catch a glimpse of your stretch marks think of them as a reminder of your successful journey.
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I have quite a few on my belly and when I first lost 100lbs I wasn't even to my ultimate goal still had tons of tummy fat but they were sooo light I hardly even noticed them in the mirror. Give yourself some time, but there are no magical creams as far as I know.
  • averyrose23
    Options
    Thank you guys!
  • averyrose23
    Options
    brb2008 wrote: »
    I have quite a few on my belly and when I first lost 100lbs I wasn't even to my ultimate goal still had tons of tummy fat but they were sooo light I hardly even noticed them in the mirror. Give yourself some time, but there are no magical creams as far as I know.
    brb2008 wrote: »

Congrats on your weight loss wow!!
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I have them on my chest, tummy, hips, & thighs. They are all faded silver now & I don't even notice them. I've never done anything to them. I never had any until I got pregnant & they just appeared overnight. I got undressed one day & saw them all over my stomach & freaked out. They were all red & everywhere. I had never even heard of stretch marks!
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I've got them all over my arms, thighs and waist. They are actually pretty cool, like silvery colour. I've learnt to love them
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I got them all over my tummy. I'm looking into CO2 laser resurfacing for them. Probably going to cost 2k.
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I weigh less than 100 lbs and have stretch marks from puberty (never been overweight in my life). I have olive skin and am prone to them. Nothing takes them away, no miracle cure for them.
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks ugh! I have them all over my hips and thighs and everywhere. How do I get rid of them??

Google dry brushing then using extra virgin coconut oil.....won't get rid of them but really does improve the appearance :smiley:
  • Thowe92
    Thowe92 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I still have stretch marks on some places on my shoulders, arms, lower torso, and maybe the thighs. I plan on keeping them as a reminder if they don't ever go away.
  • wrenak
    wrenak Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Time helps them to fade, but they'll never be gone completely. I feel so bad for my middle child. He's 14 and he shot up so fast he has stretch marks all over his back. :( He's always been the proper weight for his height but he went from being a bit shorter than me (I'm 5ft) to being taller than everyone in our family (his dad is 5'6" and I think my brother is an inch or so taller than that) in just over a summer. I'm hoping kids won't be the jerks they usually are and give him a hard time about it. Right now it doesn't seem to bother him and I don't want them giving him a complex about it.
  • ycqm888
    ycqm888 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Living360 wrote: »
    When you catch a glimpse of your stretch marks think of them as a reminder of your successful journey.

Awww, the best!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    They 'happen' to the best of us :)
    Learn to love them - they are your battle scars.

Since losing weight, I have stretch marks all over my inner thighs. Sure, I'd rather zap them away if such a thing was possible but it is what it is. I'm a whole lot healthier regardless of my 'new patterns'!