who wants free help?:)

Options
hi all,

as i decided to become a pt and my courses are staring in one month

i am looking for some challenges/ questions, which I would like to research in advance

i have quite a lot if knowledge in this area, so i may be able to help one or anothe

feel free to ask me either questions privately or just through them here.

i am quite new to mfp
so yeah hi to everyone i am nik

Replies

• cjsgrimlin1
    cjsgrimlin1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I would like some knowledgeable help.. any advice here would be taken and used well!
  • doCalisthenics
    doCalisthenics Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    sure whats your qs?
  • cjsgrimlin1
    cjsgrimlin1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Short on time for workouts especially during the week but i need to kick it up a few notches. However, i have a bad knee which swells when overused. Doc is on board with the increase and has given something for inflammation and pain. All i have available is a gazelle at home, and not that after 7pm when my husband goes to bed. Suggestions?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Where are you getting your PT cert from?
  • mgbarreras86
    mgbarreras86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I tend to get hungry and bored at night. I eat enough during day. Yet it's hard to break habit of eating at night. Any suggestions
  • heidy_2k
    heidy_2k Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes it is hard to stop eating at night or going out to eat
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I tend to get hungry and bored at night. I eat enough during day. Yet it's hard to break habit of eating at night. Any suggestions

eat food that makes you feel full. protein, fiber, fats, adequate hydration. go to sleep on time. find activities to do in the evening that help you avoid boredom. open your food diary?
  • ycqm888
    ycqm888 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    What home work out would you recommend to a student attending school at 7am to 5pm?
  • doCalisthenics
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Where are you getting your PT cert from?

Private Company in UK accredited by Register of Exercise Professionals (REP)
  • doCalisthenics
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Short on time for workouts especially during the week but i need to kick it up a few notches. However, i have a bad knee which swells when overused. Doc is on board with the increase and has given something for inflammation and pain. All i have available is a gazelle at home, and not that after 7pm when my husband goes to bed. Suggestions?

a physiologist should be able to show you some good exercises for your knee in your case
    You could still work out the upper body. The best thing would be going to the gym and start using the machines.
    But you can start doing some pushups or knee push ups (in your case place something soft under your knees)

Most importantly I would suggest focus on your diet. You could see results by just doing that.
    I recommend you read john kiefer's works who is expert in this field.

That one is a very long video about nutrition for women by kiefer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXDEPc38y08

This is quite short, straight to the point why women should do heavy resistance training
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIgVdH7TRsU