Save the Rolie Polies!!!!

Options
Maximus
Maximus Posts: 12,256 Member
When you find a Rolie Polie on its back, do you take the time to save it by flipping it over? Would you not do the same for a turtle? Is a Rolie Polie's life less valuable than a turtle? Well, is it?

I say no! We should all strive to save Rolie Polies instead of watching them flounder on their backs, wiggling their 50 legs.

BTW, how in the hell do you spell Rolie Polie?

Replies

• Jillong
    Jillong Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I would spell it Roly Poly ... but who cares! :laugh:
  • iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Ha! i always help the little rollie pollies, i see them here at my job in the hallway near the shipping dept. I always stop to help them back over. i get made fun of at work... i used to pick them up, by scooping them up with a peice of paper and take them outside, but then thought dang its hot out and they worked so hard getting in here.
  • torshi
    torshi Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I don't like those bugs they freak me out lol, but I wouldn't kill them...
  • SeaShell33
    SeaShell33 Posts: 141
    Options
    lmao! I save them and when I run or walk, I zig zag all over the place to avoid hitting them and snails...I feel like such a dork, but I hate when I accidentally squish one...lol
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    this reminded me of when I was in kindergarten I walked to school and I picked up a roly poly and held it until I got to school but I had to put him down before I went into the classroom and made myself sick about how he would never find his way back to his family I had taken him so far and I felt awful about it. I couldn't even tell anyone what I'd done because I thought it was too terrible!
    I was a troubled little kid...
    so, um, yeah, i would save the rollie polly on it's back.
  • AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    LOL, it's the only insect I won't squish! LOL

Ever since my kids were little when they see a rollie pollie they always move it away from where anyone can step on it. Their old day care lady used to tell them if they squished a rollie pollie that the mommy would die too and they would seriously cry if they saw anyone squish one.
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    Imagine the calories burned wiggiling 50 legs.
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I've got a great roly poly story to tell, but it's too long to post.

I'd step on it so fast your head would spin.
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I won't kill them unless they are in my house. But I won't save them either. How will they ever learn to get back up if someone is always there to help them? lol
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Oh my land! You guys are cracking me up! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: But yes I would help the roly poly. I know what it's like to get down and not be able to get back up. :laugh:
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    I should star a nonprofit orginization for this cause. Send ypu donations to me.

From worthless cause to another.

Opps this isnt the insult thread.
  • Jillong
    Options
    I gather a "roly poly" is a US term. What is it? (just so I can figure out what it is in the UK!)
  • amysj303
    Options
    I gather a "roly poly" is a US term. What is it? (just so I can figure out what it is in the UK!)
    A colloquial name for isopod crustaceans of the family Armadillidiidae, also known as "pill bugs."
  • Jillong
    Options
    Oh! A woodlouse. Silly me!!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Is this a metaphor for something larger in life???
  • amysj303
    Options
    Oh! A woodlouse. Silly me!!
    woodlouse doesn't sound cute at all!