Dieting for two weeks on 1200-1400 Kcal a day NO RESULTS- HELP

Options
I have been dieting on an average of 1350 Kcal / day for two weeks with no results at all not a single pound. I have lost 33 lb a year ago on 800 Kcal/day in 4 months. I maintained my weight loss for 8 months, but I have been through stressful circumstances and started stress eating I gained 25 lb back over 4 months. Two weeks ago, I started with project weight loss again, this time with a minimum of 1200 / day, with no result. Now, I am considering reducing the caloric intake.
I walk around 240-340 minutes / week but the nature of my work is generally sedentary. I try to run once a week but I don't always succeed. I need some help.

Any advice or similar experiences?

P.S/ Female, 30, 166 lb 5.6"
Thanks,

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,022 Member
    Options
    Are you using a food scale to weigh your food? You may be eating more than you think.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It's only been two weeks. Be patient and make sure your logging is as accurate as possible.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    As above re: the food scale. Plus it's only been 2 weeks, sometimes it takes the scales a little while longer to catch up with what our bodies are doing.
    Example: I've been stuck at the same weight for a solid month. This morning I weighed 2kgs (4lbs) less than I did yesterday morning. A nice weight loss whoosh.

As for reducing your calories. You already are close to the absolute minimum a woman should have. Make sure you're weighing and logging is spot on before deciding to lower your calories any further.
  • DaniCanadian
    DaniCanadian Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Do you possibly have an eating disorder? Maintaining long term on 800 cals is not at all a reasonable assumption. Rather than quick weight loss, you need to shift your thought process to long term. 1200 is bare minimum so if you haven't lost then you're probably eating at maintenance. Get a food scale to weight all foods and I suggest meeting with your doc to discuss a safe level of calories. If you go too low, the cycle of loss and gain will just continue.
  • Hind1985
    Hind1985 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am using a food scale to weigh my intake. I usually buy a good amount of Salmon and skinless chicken breast I weigh one serving (113 gm) of chicken and (120-140 gm) of Salmon, and store each piece separately in a ziploc bag and put them in the freezer. I measure rice servings by cups of cooked rice.

@Dani I don't believe that I have an eating disorder, in eating disorder insights are usually lost. My insight about my body image is intact. I have a clear goal in mind and I want to make it happen.

Thanks for all your comments, I will try to pay more attention to weighing vegetables and fruits though and I will give it another week or two.
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    You should DEFINITELY weigh your rice too. I was shocked when I weighed my "one cup". It was almost 2x what it should have been.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    @Hind1985 when I used measuring cups I was always confused as to how much to pack the food in. I like that weighing takes away that guess work (and eliminates the dirty measuring cups.) Do try weighing all your solids.
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Give it more time, don't lower calories. Make sure you weighing everything and give it time.
  • aminahrashid41
    aminahrashid41 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    yeah Hindi1985, you haven't been at it long enough. so just be patient, i definitely understand the inpatient feeling of it. also try strength training along with your routine of walking, confuse the body a little. it will happen. good luck!!!!
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Yes, I agree with the above. Do your program. Give it time. Try not skipping the run entirely. Make it into just 15-20 minutes of some HIIT intervals. And lift something heavy for 15-20 minutes too, even if that's just some planking & squatting through the week. Steady state cardio + elevated heart rate work + lifting all work together to increase your overall burns. And exercise just buys you a little wriggle room; be sure you are getting the calorie numbers right!
    (I've been saying I've 'plateaued' but when I caught up on calculating my weekly calorie totals with my weekly burn I learned I've been eating close to maintenance for not just one week but two... I don't think any whoosh is coming for me LOL ~sad face~)
  • Hind1985
    Options
    Thanks for all your comments!
    To my great surprise, I stood up on the scale just now and I lost 2.5 pounds!!!!! Yeeeeyyyyyy!! Finally 16 days later!

I just weighed myself 24 hours ago and I was the exact same weight!

Thanks for sharing your story :D
    @Christine_72 :D:D

You were right @allaboutthecake @aminahrashid41

@brb2008 @kshama2001 Thanks for the tip! You were right, weighing my measures of "a cup" for rice I realized that they were not equal.
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Great!! I'm so excited for you!!
  • steuartcj
    steuartcj Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I also find it's better for me to weigh myself at the same point in the day. For me it's right after I get up, and after my shower and toilet routine. If I vary my weigh in time, I may have eaten, had coffee etc.
  • Hind1985
    Options
    @brb2008 Thanks
    @steuartcj thanks steuart, I do weight myself right after my toilet routine as well.
    Thanks for all the support and comments here!