Need help staying motivated.

Options
I have been at this for a few weeks now and so tired of being disappointed. One weeks really good then the next week it seems like I don't lose anything. I'm going everything I can to lose the weight and I just seam to lose it then I put it right back on. So ongoing no where which is why I give up all the time. Need help please to lose this weight.

Replies

• AnguishLanguish
    AnguishLanguish Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hey friend! I know it's frustrating and you're in the right place. Let's be friends and help motivate each other. :-)
  • mmmx392076
    mmmx392076 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Ok sounds good to me. Thank you
  • cursiny
    cursiny Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I am back at it again for the 200,000th time. So I hear you, it is a tough journey. Being surrounded by like minded people seems to help, feel free to add me. Always looking for friends along this journey! :smiley:
  • mmmx392076
    Options
    Thank you. I think having friends that are going through this with me I might be able to stick with it.
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    mmmx392076 wrote: »
    Thank you. I think having friends that are going through this with me I might be able to stick with it.
    This is the first time I've done the whole message boards and friends part of MFP. The support of others here is 100% keeping me going.
  • mmmx392076
    Options
    Ya I'm starting to see that having other people around going though what I am is helping not want to give up and keep pushing. Thank you guys a lot for being there and it's truly helping me push on.
  • 4C_diva
    4C_diva Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    mmmx392076 wrote: »
    I have been at this for a few weeks now and so tired of being disappointed. One weeks really good then the next week it seems like I don't lose anything. I'm going everything I can to lose the weight and I just seam to lose it then I put it right back on. So ongoing no where which is why I give up all the time. Need help please to lose this weight.

Hi my name is Sharon and I'm just getting back to starrting on health and fitness journey. You all can feel free to add me. Maybe we all can support and motivate each other.
  • c1ownfishie
    c1ownfishie Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! We are in this together! :smile:
  • lulloa
    lulloa Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Add me. The journey is easier with a great support system.
  • lulloa
    lulloa Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I just created a FB support group for support and motivation. No selling. Just helping each other reach our goals. Feel free to message me if you are interested.
  • mmmx392076
    Options
    Yes please my name is mandi Brock morrow on face book
  • hanshica
    hanshica Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Really u spoke my mind...sailing in the same boat...losing n gaining despite all my efforts...sigh :(... Am trying all the way to push myself harder than before...
  • mmmx392076
    Options
    Being on here has helped. Knowi,g other ppl are going throw this too has kept me going. So keep pushing throw and you will get to where u want to be
  • tjcuts339
    tjcuts339 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    This is a lifetime journey. Keep on working hard!! You will figure out how it works. Personal journey!! You want it! YOU will succeed....
  • vc__
    vc__ Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Keep at it you can do it! Sometimes I have this same issue of losing motivation. Add me everyone! Let's keep at it together
  • Pomodori
    Pomodori Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I get like that all the time, I might go off track for a day, then I have a quiet word with myself.

I think about where I want to be and I know that the changes that I have made will help me to get there, whether it be in 2 months time or two years time. I also know that this is my lifestyle for the rest of my life now, I can't just stop and go back to the way I was.

Keep going, you'll thank yourself for it by next December :-3
  • fitExploror
    fitExploror Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You came to the right place. Also try some motivational videos on youtube. I think you would like Eric Thomas. I listen to him pre-workout and during workout
  • mmmx392076
    Options
    Ok thanks I will look it up
  • Samanthaevansabbott
    Options
    Are you excersizing? And if so, do you eat those calories they tell you to?
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    This is my second time on MFP after losing all and gaining all plus some back. This time I utilize the fitness challenges and these boards. Last time I didn't even know these boards were here. Almost every question or frustration I've had myself, I've seen posted here. If you join a group still come over here and read some of the great posts on various boards. One of my daily go to's is the Fitness and Ecercise boards. I've learned so much there. I try to pay it forward (or back?) by answering posts. I find that also helps me keep my motivation up.

One of the first boards I checked out was Maintenance. Even though I wasn't there, last time that was my downfall. I didn't even know how to think about maintenance. It's a somewhat different mindset, without the rewards of the scale dropping. I learned from that board that this really needs to be a way of life change, or it won't last for the long term.