Couch to 5K Vets, where are you!?

Options
I'm on Week 6 (Just finished Day 1 this morning) and it was sooooo much harder than any of the other runs! W5D3 was 20 minutes straight and it was totally fine, but then going back to intervals was so difficult.

Did anyone else struggle with this? What were the hardest days/weeks for you?

Replies

• beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Weeks 6 and 7 were brutal for me. I think it was a mental hurdle. I can't rationalize it otherwise. Week 8 was super smooth and enjoyable
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    That's pretty normal. Congrats on getting this far!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I loved the intervals personally. I think the switch to no intervals were the hardest.

we have a C25k support group and a b210k group and a long distance running group and a monthly running challenge group here on mfp.

Keep it up. I started unable to run a mile and i just ran 13 without stopping on saturday
  • nibletta
    nibletta Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @beachhouse758 I think you must be right. Hopefully I make it through 6 and 7 and into the enjoyable week 8!

@jemhh Thanks! I'm glad to know it's normal!

@moyer566 I hope to be able to run that much one day as well! I'll look into the support group! Thanks for the info!
  • Mrsrobinsoncl
    Mrsrobinsoncl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Im on W5D3, the 20 minute run! Its such a big jump from the intervals, but Im looking forward to getting out there and doing it
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a problem with any week, but I was lifting at the time (so already pretty fit). Also, I used Zombies, 5K that includes optional run/walk sections at the beginning and end of each session - don't know if other programs do or not. I ran those from the beginning. I think that helped.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I don't remember any week being particularly harder than others, except mentally. Just have to just do it. Now I'm running 1/2 marathons quite comfortably and getting faster with each run.