Starting over...AGAIN!

Options
So I've been on here before and was doing pretty well. But yet again I got distracted by outside issues and got off track. I feel like one bite of a cheeseburger and I'm done for! Lol! But all joking aside, I really need and want to get some of the chunks off, for good this time. What keeps you motivated?

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi
    welcome back.
    what keeps me motivated:
    1. keeping my focus on my ultimate goal to be healthy. I found out,after a medical event 5 years ago, that it is cheaper to be healthy than the alternative
    2. I lift weights and I like the way it is reshaping my body. I plan to continue.

I suggest you read the "most helpful post" at the beginning of this message board.
    Buy yourself a food scale and weigh all food you eat and log it at MFP.
    Eat at a deficit ( burning calories > eating calories). You will lose body weight.
    Good luck in your healthy journey
  • mellowadam
    mellowadam Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. I certainly know the feeling but I've found as long as I keep picking myself up and trying again the general trend has been good. I've learned a lot from my failures. I gained 60 pounds back in 2012 but I stuck with it and now I've shed those pounds and more.

Keep at it! You're worth it!
  • lilkirs
    lilkirs Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and good luck with your journey
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    My motto starting back was 'if you're tired of starting over, stop giving up!' which doesn't mean you don't ever fall down, it just means that you don't take a blip as 'I'm a failure, might as well quit', but instead as 'I'm human, but I can do this!'

Good luck!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10257474/starting-out-restarting-basics-inside#latest
  • TrippinStang6614
    Options
    It's natural to stumble. You just have to pick yourself back up and keep at it.

Remember, this is who you will be from now on (eg eating healthy and getting active).
  • Angel82wings
    Angel82wings Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ellis1016 wrote: »
    So I've been on here before and was doing pretty well. But yet again I got distracted by outside issues and got off track. I feel like one bite of a cheeseburger and I'm done for! Lol! But all joking aside, I really need and want to get some of the chunks off, for good this time. What keeps you motivated?
    Ellis1016 wrote: »

• Angel82wings
    Angel82wings Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I myself, like you, am just now getting back. What keeps me motivated is remembering those uncomfortable catalyst moments. Getting winded when walking, being unable to carry on a conversation while climbing the stairs, the very limited space in a plane seat. Remembering how GOOD I felt before when I was following a routine. When I get disappointed that I let it go, Knowing I did it before and I can do it again. Competing with myself, not others. I find that helps me win the internal battles. :)
  • Ellis1016
    Ellis1016 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your insight and encouragement. I really appreciate it. But this is definitely something worth working hard for and luckily we're able to start over and try again. I can do it and you all can do it too!! Good Luck!!!
  • cme4bb
    cme4bb Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Starting over again here too. If it's not one thing it's something else. Lol was doing really well a year and a half ago but after a couple surgeries and being put on blood pressure medication, I threw in the towel. Finally weaned off the meds and am ready to get back at it. They actually made me gain every bit of weight back and then some. Anticipating an open hysterectomy within the next year, but even with daily pain, I have to do something. It's affecting my daily routine. It is now depressing to the point that I don't even do my hair or makeup anymore. 70 pounds to lose. Starting today!! Just found these forums and I'm looking forward to making and encouraging new friends!! :smiley:
  • wackyncrazy1
    wackyncrazy1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Oh Hun I'm back again too. I did so well then life got me. Just knowing you need to start doing it again is a big step. You can add me if you want we can work on this together.
  • Dakryn
    Dakryn Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm back too! I'm planning on making this work this time.. Went to the gym today and I've eaten well today... Need to drink more water! If you need another friend, add me... I need to be around motivated people... This time my mind set is different... I didn't buy a scale, I'll weigh myself once a week at the gym.. And I will take this one day at a time... Set small goals, instead of losing 40 pounds, let's just start with 1...good luck!
  • lisadichelle751
    lisadichelle751 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over again too. Good Luck! Add me as a friend and we'll encourage each other
  • UltimateMedu
    UltimateMedu Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Me too! Gained a good chunk of weight that I worked so hard to get rid of. Slowly getting back into the routine now. We're very lucky we can start over. If you did it before you can definitely do it again! Good luck!