Success for me!!

Options
Mmdelgado
Mmdelgado Posts: 25 Member
edited December 2015 in Success Stories
So, I've been wanting to get into weight lifting but I've been.... embarrassed? nervous? scared?awkward? All of the above. I haven't weight lifted since high school.

Last Thursday, I went into the gym to look around so that when I did go in to lift I would know where the equipment would be. I walked in and saw the area I needed. There was one older gentlemen there using the equipment I needed. So I looked, I saw, I ran out. I mean, I ran out like a scared puppy. Haha!

Ok, cut to today. I told myself on Friday that no matter what or how I felt I would start lifting on Monday. So I read up on the workout I was planning on starting. I went through the videos of how to and everything. So this morning, I'm happy to say that I went into the gym and finished my workout completely!! I feel so proud of myself that I finally did it. This is a huge success for me! Just to start weight lifting. I went with my headphones in and ready to lift no matter what. I blocked out everything around me so I wouldn't run out like a scared puppy again. Lol! I'm so happy that I finally just did it! My legs are so sore from squatting. They feel like jelly and I'm walking funny because they feel like they're going to give out any second but I don't care!

If you're wanting to start weight lifting then do it! My fears and anxieties were all in my head. Don't let that stop you.

Just because I like seeing before and during photos In these posts, I'm including one of myself. I'm down 25lbs so far...

Replies

• Mmdelgado
    Options
  • GLady1980
    GLady1980 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Good job!!! Keep up the hard work
  • memickee
    memickee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I feel so intimated by the same thing. One day I'll channel your courage!
  • natajane
    natajane Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    That's really great, I can sympathise with the terror and procrastinating. A big well done!
  • BigMuscles53
    BigMuscles53 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good Job! I live way out in the countryside, up in the mountains, but I bought a weight bench with weights included very cheaply from Walmart so that I can do weights at home. The flab under my arms is tightening up, which at 62 years of age is a very big deal. Keep it up and you will love the results~
  • Mmdelgado
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Thank you ladies! @Memickee just do it! You'll feel great after! :)
  • Mmdelgado
    Options
    I would like to eventually get an at home gym with free weights. Good for you! I'm so looking forward to the results in the months ahead. I even took my before pic today :)
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    You go girl
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Great! You are doing so well. You're gonna love what lifting does for you!
  • haitian79
    haitian79 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    U ROCK GIRL!Great job!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Great work! I know exactly how you feel. It can be really intimidating being surrounded by muscled guys that look like they all know what they're doing. But *remember*, they all started at the same place as you. And the harder you work, the more you learn, the more comfortable you'll feel.
  • Mmdelgado
    Options
    Thank you all for your encouraging words! I really appreciate it!
  • Cathscottage
    Cathscottage Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Well I am very impressed. Keep up the fantastic effort. You do look so much thinner. But I think you feel even better. Take care.
  • ekoth_09
    ekoth_09 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • bmayes2014
    bmayes2014 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • Mmdelgado
    Options
    Thank you ladies!
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Great work!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!