Healthy food eating out?

Options
Hi, my in-laws are coming to stay from overseas and we are spending the next 3 weeks touring the country with them. It means a lot of eating out and we won't really be able to cook. Does anyone have any tips on how to eat clean when you're away like this?

Replies

• BoogiesMom10
    BoogiesMom10 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Skip on fried foods, stick with baked meats, fish is always a great option. Remember salads are good as well! maybe pack a cooler of healthier fruits and veggies, yogurts, etc to snack on so you aren't munching on chips, candy, etc. When you're traveling its hard for sure to stay on top of things, but its doable. Honestly, most menus these days have nutrition info and offer more healthy options.
  • mellowadam
    mellowadam Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    If you'll be in a car just bring a cooler. Pack it with fruit and healthy snack. I recently road tripped for a week. I would just stop at a Wal Mart every couple of days and buy more apples, pears, bananas, grapes, etc. I also ate a lot of baby carrots and hummus. You can bring sliced turkey breast and whole wheat bread. Or skip the bread and grab a head of lettuce and have lettuce wraps. It can be done and once I found a way to stay on target driving around the country in my Honda I had no excuse not to eat clean at home.

If you must eat out just be sensible. You could always order a small entree or appetizer and then have some fruits and veggies back at your car or hotel room.

Best of luck.
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Order grilled meats with no breading, salads with dressing on the side so you can add it yourself, roasted or steamed veggies, lots of places have online me yes so you could check ahead and preplanning the day. I agree with the other suggestions of bringing along groceries to help you make better snack choices. Cheese strings, fruit, veggies, yogurt cups. Everything will stay cool if you add an ice pack to the pack every day.