Journey begins: moving forward to health excellence

Options
Huge title, I know.

Today, I embark on a journey to lose weight. Not just any weight, my weight.

I am 195 lbs and my goal is a reasonable 130 lbs.

So, it's time to start. This time, it's going to be different. I am actually going to utilize the community and ask for support. I didn't do that the last couple of attempts. I just wasn't ready.

Weight loss is a mental thing too. My mind just wasn't in it the previous attempts to better my health.

Looking forward to any of your support. All I am asking for.

Best

Replies

• pegmo
    pegmo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Day 2. Everything is going great. My youtube/befit workout with Scott Herman and Lacey Stone was rocking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmyU1JhsfAw

Struggled with the no sugar thing, but rocking it saying No to it. Hummus, red potatoes, onions were my salvation today.

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi:
    Thank you for sharing. I suggest you create a blog within MFP (see "Blog" option above) and invite all of your MFP Friends. Then, they (and the rest of the web) can see your updates. Your plausible audience will be larger.
    Good luck in your healthy journey
  • pegmo
    Options
    Ok. Sounds good to me.
  • pegmo
    Options
    What a bummer. Started going on a high note.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    What slowed you down?
  • pegmo
    Options
    Oh, you know the typical person who chimes in and says something like "Well, if you do such and such, you will be more successful. ..then we will support you"

Tired of that type of unsolicited input.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    This is your journey. I hope you don't let a well-intentioned internet stranger be your excuse to derail. Anyone who takes the time to read and respond to a post- is someone who is just trying to be helpful. Look at how many read a post versus reply. Just saying.
  • pegmo
    Options
    Fiddletime: Nope, it was a friend of mine outside of the internet. Nothing related to this post at all.