New & looking for friends & motivators!

Options
dswizzles
dswizzles Posts: 23 Member
Hi all! My name is Dawn and I am from California. I have been really unhappy with my weight for the past 3 years and it finally hit me after a trip to San Diego that I needed to make a change NOW. My boyfriend and I decided to go on a Zip Line ride at the Safari Park and you need to be weighed to verify you meet their requirements. I came out to a 183 (heaviest in my entire life!) and my bf was at 186!! I was only 3 pounds lighter than my bf... 3 POUNDS! How embarrassing. I was so ashamed of myself.

Don't get me wrong, I don't consider myself to be fat, but 183 is just too much for my body. I'm carrying around an extra 40 lbs every day. I vowed that I will NOT let myself get heavier than my boyfriend and get back to a healthy weight of 145. He is so healthy and in shape and I want to be healthy as well. I want to look in the mirror without judging myself every day and for him to be proud of me that I took control of my body and my life.

I hope I can meet some people who can help motivate me and keep me on track as losing weight isn't the easiest thing to do! I hope I do meet my goals so I can become a motivator to others out there as well!

So hello and good luck to everyone going down the same path as I am! :smile:

Replies

• otranquility
    Options
    You can do it!!!
    We can keep each other in check!
  • littlelaurabear
    Options
    We have to be friends on this and help motivate eachother as hating weighing more than my boyfriend (and my Dad!!) is one of my main reasons I'm trying to lose weight!

We can do this! x
  • JenniferAutumn
    JenniferAutumn Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I am going zip lining on Sunday! =)
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You will do it, you seem a very determined lady!!

Add me & I'll help you keep going

Di

:flowerforyou:
  • BarbelleBaby
    Options
    I could do with motivators too! :) I'll add you
  • tooblessedforstress
    Options
    You can get it done!!! Let's be buddies and keep the motivation going because I need it as well!!!Good luck!!!
  • ivy2009
    ivy2009 Posts: 75
    Options
    Best of luck. Get healthy. Start now. Keep going. And if you stumble, just brush yourself off and start again.
  • dswizzles
    Options
    I am going zip lining on Sunday! =)

Zip Lining is AWESOMEEEEEE!!!! I'd do it again in a heart beat!!
  • Krs107
    Krs107 Posts: 7
    Options
    Weighing almost as much as my husband, is what finally got me started too! Let's be friends and motivate each other!
  • dswizzles
    Options
    Thank you everyone!! Let's do this!
  • Billilean
    Billilean Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Dawn - know what you mean. My husband and I wear the same size jeans. I couldn't believe it when I tried his on by accident. Let's support each other!
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome to the place where you can never have too many friends! I'm blessed by the best!
  • gayle80
    gayle80 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Absolutely feeling your pain! Weighed more than my OH for a long time :/ thankfully now I've lost some and he's filled out a bit so we've crossed over :)

Send me a friend add by all means, we will all keep each other on track :)
  • SunnyDispo619
    Options
    I had a similar revelation some time ago. It's horrible, but if it's what gets the job done, will be worthwhile in the end. Good luck to you, and I'll motivate you, if you need it!!!
  • karona313
    karona313 Posts: 37
    Options
    Looking for motivators and new friends as well! I have 40 to lose. I'm not by any means fat, but I need to get back to a healthier me :) Friends help.