The holiday pounds...

SuzieQT
SuzieQT Posts: 188 Member
After I got back from my holiday times with my family I got on the scale to see what the damage was. :embarassed: Five whole pounds. I figured it probably wasn't really as bad as what the scale was telling me. I finally got my butt mostly back in gear and two of those holiday pounds are already gone. I think the part that irritates me the most about the holiday pounds is my family. Around Christmas time my grandmother and mother both cook for an army and there's definitely not enough members in my family to eat even half of what they fix even if we all pig out. And of course there's those southern family expectations. You are expected to fill your massive plate to the brim trying everything. You are expected to eat everything on your plate or else someone will demand to know why you're starving yourself. Then when its time for dessert and grandma names off like sixteen choices you are expected to say, "Oh, I guess I'll try them all!" And you must of course maintain enthusiasm even though you feel as if you're going to puke. Not to mention everything that's cooked in grease, or with a ton or salt, or with fatback. Its making me nauseous just thinking about it. We had to make the dining cafeteria style because there wasn't enough room on the three tables to sit all of the food! And then after we all the eat, one by one we slip into a coma. Then its time to get up, pack up all the rest of the food, take it home, and eat it for next three or four days. Then New Year's rolls around and everyone is wondering why they've put on a few pounds and I start getting comments like "You need to lose some weight" or "You're pants are getting awfully tight" etc. etc. Its just infuriating at times. The more I try to do well at eating the right things the more I get criticized and then when I gain weight I just get criticized even more. Of course its not all bad. I love my family and enjoy almost every minute I spend with them. :smile: So thanks for letting me vent, guys. I really needed to get that out. And now that I'm getting back on track and two of those nasty holiday pounds are gone I'm feeling a lot better.

:drinker: So here's to hoping anyone else who added on some holiday pounds will be able to get them off too!

Replies

• SuzieQT
    SuzieQT Posts: 188 Member
    After I got back from my holiday times with my family I got on the scale to see what the damage was. :embarassed: Five whole pounds. I figured it probably wasn't really as bad as what the scale was telling me. I finally got my butt mostly back in gear and two of those holiday pounds are already gone. I think the part that irritates me the most about the holiday pounds is my family. Around Christmas time my grandmother and mother both cook for an army and there's definitely not enough members in my family to eat even half of what they fix even if we all pig out. And of course there's those southern family expectations. You are expected to fill your massive plate to the brim trying everything. You are expected to eat everything on your plate or else someone will demand to know why you're starving yourself. Then when its time for dessert and grandma names off like sixteen choices you are expected to say, "Oh, I guess I'll try them all!" And you must of course maintain enthusiasm even though you feel as if you're going to puke. Not to mention everything that's cooked in grease, or with a ton or salt, or with fatback. Its making me nauseous just thinking about it. We had to make the dining cafeteria style because there wasn't enough room on the three tables to sit all of the food! And then after we all the eat, one by one we slip into a coma. Then its time to get up, pack up all the rest of the food, take it home, and eat it for next three or four days. Then New Year's rolls around and everyone is wondering why they've put on a few pounds and I start getting comments like "You need to lose some weight" or "You're pants are getting awfully tight" etc. etc. Its just infuriating at times. The more I try to do well at eating the right things the more I get criticized and then when I gain weight I just get criticized even more. Of course its not all bad. I love my family and enjoy almost every minute I spend with them. :smile: So thanks for letting me vent, guys. I really needed to get that out. And now that I'm getting back on track and two of those nasty holiday pounds are gone I'm feeling a lot better.

:drinker: So here's to hoping anyone else who added on some holiday pounds will be able to get them off too!