Calories per meal... Used to ww points!

Options
JE9599
JE9599 Posts: 10 Member
I know that is a silly thing to ask really but going from points to calories is quite daunting 3 points a crumpet could be 196 calories , scary numbers when my head is still in ww mode. So if anyone can suggest a rough guide to calories in each meal plus snacks then it may help me. Or anyone who has been doing this for a while after being used to counting ww points.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    There's no one set way as to how to divide up your calories. Some people do 2-3, or even 6+, meals of the same amount. Some do a larger breakfast or dinner. Some eat them all at once.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    It depends on how many meals you eat and what you total calories for the day is. Do you eat one meal a day or 6? What number does MFP give you? Do you exercise? Really you just need to stay within you allotted calories. There is no set number per meal. Are you hungrier during dinner or lunch? I find that I am more apt to eat a bigger dinner and then snack before bed so I don't eat a lot throughout the day, although that may be why I am so hungry at night. I make myself go to bed early to stop from snacking. I tried to eat more during breakfast and lunch but I found that I wasn't really hungry at those times and then I would go over for the day because eating more during the day didn't change how I ate at night.
  • JE9599
    Options
    Mmmm looks like I will just have to try different things and see what works best. Thanjs
  • Burtie_Burt
    Burtie_Burt Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    MFP suggests I have 1200 calories per day.

I think this is a bit low, especially at this time of year when people are wafting cakes and chocolates around the office :neutral:

So, I've upped it to 1500 (might reduce this in January....we'll see)

I aim for:

Breakfast: 400
    Snack: 100
    Lunch: 500
    Snack: 100
    Tea: 400

Weekends tens to go to pot though. And I have 3 Christmas do's this week....
  • JE9599
    Options
    Oh great that's a good starting point. Yes I too have been given 1200. How do I up that mysrlf
  • JE9599
    Options
    I found it thanks!
  • JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    You gotta do what works for you. I'm hungry in the morning, so I definitely eat breakfast, but I know many people aren't and save those calories for a bigger lunch or dinner. This is what a pretty typical day looks like for me:

Breakfast - 300
    Morning Snack - 100
    Lunch - 400
    Afternoon Snack - 100
    Dinner - 500
    Evening Snack - 100

I can imagine switching from Points to calories can seem weird, but just remember, although 196 calories for a crumpet seems like a lot compared to 3 points, you also have way more calories than points to use. Hopefully it balances out.