Starting a 100 lb+ Weight Loss

Options
It seems like an impossible feat, and I would love as much help as I can get.

Replies

• paulinewilliams43
    Options
    I would love to help . . I'm shooting for the same result.
  • RainaAnn5
    RainaAnn5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats to both of you for trying! I'm working on a 106 pound weight loss goal myself. Can I friend you both?
  • desweds
    desweds Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    It's not an impossible feat. It's just a long row to hoe. Wish I had your wisdom to start at your age.

The most important part for me was to just show up here, on MFP, daily. Find people you agree with and just ignore the haters and the idiots.

and log your food. Accurately.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10023423/why-accurate-logging-works-for-me
  • motivccess
    motivccess Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    it's not impossible. consistency and time are your new best friends :wink:
  • Bid101
    Bid101 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Im on the same journey. Beginning (again) today. Please friend me
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    hey all I need to lose 40 pounds and it has been a struggle!!! Feel free to add me!! The more the merrier!
  • wennim
    wennim Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Not impossible at all! Break it down into smaller chunks and it seems less daunting. I have lost 10 lbs 13 times but the idea of losing 130+ lbs sounded so out of range that the risk of failure was so high I don't think I would have tried. Logging food accurately is a big part of it ...weigh everything. Good luck!
  • chgonzalez1978
    chgonzalez1978 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 110 lbs. feel free to add me and use me a resource for questions
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm also aiming to lose over 100lbs. I have been on and off MFP for a couple of years, I think due to lack of motivation and accountability. So I'd love some friends I can check in with and keep up with, etc. I've been back on MFP for about a month and lost 12lbs so far this time around. Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • LogR4Life
    LogR4Life Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I started a year ago and was aiming for 110 pounds. Today I only have 50 left! Do not be discouraged . . . the secret is DON'T QUIT. Quitting is the only way to fail. If you have a bad day, or a bad week, RESTART — as often as necessary!! Track even when you overeat. Always remember when things aren't going as you had hoped — it's a bad day, not a bad life. Turn the page and start again. I'd love for you to friend me and/or follow my blog! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/SnagTop
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    You can do this!
  • ShashayLee
    ShashayLee Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    It is doable as @wennim said break it down. So much easier to do this :) I started back late May & am down 69 pounds with 30 to 50 to go. it can be done! feel free to add me if anyone needs another support buddy, i have found that my friends motivate & support me and I hope i do the same for them
  • tonygermano2
    tonygermano2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    It's not impossible by any means. I lost 265 pounds. I put about 130 back on over the last 4 years due to a back injury that caused me to spiral. But I'm here and going to get back down to my healthy weight. We can do it. It's not impossible. It can be difficult at times....but so is being obese so....
  • jennifers101875
    jennifers101875 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    need to lose 10 lbs 13 times to get where I would LOVE to get.

Add me and we can help each other out!
  • sarahann102890
    sarahann102890 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for the same. Wanting to lose 100. Good luck everyone. Feel free to add me I could use some tips and friends!
  • Marvel150
    Marvel150 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Just was introduced to MFP today.

Just made up my mind to lose 167 pounds before December 9, 2016.

Totally doable!
  • Amr085
    Amr085 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is my first week with MFP and I'm looking to drop 80-100lbs myself. Breaking the weight down into more manageable increments is great advice! Best of luck to you who are on this same journey and congratulations to those who have already proven it's possible.
  • chriss_bt
    chriss_bt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone
    I am also relatively new to MFP and am looking to chip away at a 100 weight loss goal. Would love to friend people with the same goals. And help each other with support and new ideas ;)
  • catieblecktyler
    catieblecktyler Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello to all. I am an old timer to MFP, however since 10/5/15 I have been following a meal plan by my personal trainer that I hired. I have a total of 120 lbs to lose. Since 10/5/15 I have lost 26.6 lbs, MFP doesn't completely reflect the total lost bc of my initial weight when I first started using it a while ago. I look forward to reading the forums and following peoples journeys.
  • magsamitch
    magsamitch Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Not sure about lbs but it's about 14 stone I want to loss. Gonna try breaking it down into smaller stages but I'm aim for a "healthy weight" by April / May 2017. Feel free to add me