Philips Pasta Maker!

Options
So, my boyfriend bought the pasta maker for me as an early Christmas present. I absolutely love it! It churns out fresh pasta in ten minutes for a single batch, and fifteen minutes for a double batch. I made soba noodles because I like wheat noodles. It's slightly less starchy and more fiberous than all purpose flour.

Does anyone else have this? I love that I can make pasta at anytime using wholesome ingredients. My machine came with a penne, fettucine, spaghetti and lasagna/ravioli disc. I ordered two additional discs so I can make tagliatelle and thick spaghetti.

Replies

• madammags
    madammags Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen the Philips machine in person, but my parents have a Pastamatic, whch is a similar machine from a different brand (and has been around much longer, we got ours in the 90's). I always loved it, the texture and flavour came out great and particularly if you like canneloni, they are so much easier to do with fresh pasta sheets than anything else.
    Apparently my mum doesn't use hers at all these days, so I sort of have plans to see if I can steal it.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Ha, that would be quite crafty.

I think it's a really cool machine. Boxed pasta isn't terrible, but when you have food allergies it's better to make your own, plus you know how fresh it is.

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Wow! A pasta maker that costs close to $300! Sounds like a cool machine. For those who don't have that kind of money there are lots of cheaper ways to make pasta and yes, fresh pasta is great stuff! When I don't feel like getting out the pasta roller I just shape orrecchietti using my thumb and a spoon.

I've put a recipe with pictures and quick instructions for fresh pasta on a cooking site here: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/italian/fresh-pasta-in-the-food-processor.html
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I got it as a gift, and it was much cheaper before the price was jacked up. It was 249.99 + 20 percent off coupon from Bed Bath and Beyond when my boyfriend bought it, but I guess people on Amazon are raising prices just before the holidays.

I didn't think he'd actually buy it. My second choice was the Kitchenaid pasta and roller set.