My name is Ryan almost 150 days using this app.

Options
My name is Ryan I'm 29 years old. I have been using this app for almost 150 days and lost 30 lbs. My goal is to lost 70 more lbs before Dec. 31, 2016. (that's 2016 not 2015). Weight loss is a journey and what I learned is there is no magic pill that you could buy. It is all about hard work, patience, and self awareness.

Replies

• lucasdarathy
    lucasdarathy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's a lot already! Congratulations! It's really inspiring to see posts like yours!
  • Ryan70286
    Ryan70286 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thank you lucasdarathy. I couldn't have done it with this app
  • KarenUK56
    KarenUK56 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Well done Ryan! That's excellent! Keep up the good work.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Ryan70286
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!!!!!!

My weight really went to an all time high after finishing my graduate degree. I was always into fitness but going to school for the last 6 years really took a toll on not going to the gym and stress. Add to this my father became ill and was in the ICU for nearly 8 months. He is no longer with us, but I promised him before he passed away that I will take care of myself at all times.

This app is great it helped a lot. Now I'm trying the social aspect of this app and would like to help people reach their goals and hope people motivate me to reach my goal as well.
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Wow that's a great streak, and tremendous weight loss! Congrats! Also ~congrats on your degree, that's a lot of work.

Good luck!
  • Jenism1
    Jenism1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Way to go. Sounds like you are off to an amazing start! I will send a friend request. It is more fun with friends!
  • Ryan70286
    Options
    Thank you yes I agree.
  • Ryan70286
    Options
    Thank you everyone who sent out a friend request. Let's keep fighting to get healthy :)
  • Dakryn
    Dakryn Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration... To be committed and driven like you are is why this app will work if you let it... I'll send a request, always need motivated and inspirational people around.. Congratulations on all your hard work!
  • Ryan70286
    Options
    Loving this site and looking for people to motivate me and anyone who needs motivation
  • Ryan70286
    Options
    Hello everyone second day using this app as a social medium. I feel its great please add me and lets help each other reach our goals. I'm not here for anything else but to help people lose weight and help me lose weight.
  • dmk1974
    dmk1974 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Ryan
    Awesome job on your weight loss. I'm new on here today and excited to give this app a chance. I've been trying for the last month to eat better, but I don't think I'm eating enough sometimes. It sounds like you are a great motivator.
    Also, so sorry for the loss of your dad. I would like to add you as a friend on here. Have a great night
  • Ryan70286
    Options
    Thanks dmk1974 I accepted it already. I still have a long way to go and would like to have buddies who have the same goal which is to be healthy.
  • PeteLincoln291069
    PeteLincoln291069 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Excellent job Ryan. I started my weight loss at 330lbs which is 23st7lb but began MFP just now at 18st 11lb as I had levelled out, needed to track my food properly and was told all about the social support this site offers. My goal is to hit 16 stones and stay there with the help of this site.......If you want to add me, feel free
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I am very impressed. And I know exactly what you mean. MFP is great for keeping you on track. Even AFTER you reach your goal.
  • Ryan70286
    Options
    Excellent job Ryan. I started my weight loss at 330lbs which is 23st7lb but began MFP just now at 18st 11lb as I had levelled out, needed to track my food properly and was told all about the social support this site offers. My goal is to hit 16 stones and stay there with the help of this site.......If you want to add me, feel free

Hi Pete,

I will, lets motivate each other and share tips. Weight loss is not easy, people think it is, but its not.