1-09-09 "i am grateful" list

Options
we all should try to focus on the good stuff in our lives.
list about 5 things u r grateful for in your life today.

1 "Wet jet" mop. (i mopped my kitchen floor in less that 5 min this morn!)

2 calorire counter on mfp. ( now i know i did not over eat. yesterday, i did not eat more that my 1200 cal. or else i'd upset about my 2lb weight gain from yesterday)

3 goodwill (i like to shop there for my family and i. occaisionally i find decent stuff for little $$)

4 doctors (as a 20something, i went thru a lot of med stuff & nearly died. today, i'm healthier than most people. this afternoon. i have my yearly pap.)

5 my children (they grow too fast. i regret how i related w/ my 10 yr daughter yesterday. she was having probs w/ her homework. i helped her, a lot at first, then just gave up cause i felt she was making such stupid mistakes. i want to help her more next time.)

Replies

• oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    we all should try to focus on the good stuff in our lives.
    list about 5 things u r grateful for in your life today.

1 "Wet jet" mop. (i mopped my kitchen floor in less that 5 min this morn!)

2 calorire counter on mfp. ( now i know i did not over eat. yesterday, i did not eat more that my 1200 cal. or else i'd upset about my 2lb weight gain from yesterday)

3 goodwill (i like to shop there for my family and i. occaisionally i find decent stuff for little $$)

4 doctors (as a 20something, i went thru a lot of med stuff & nearly died. today, i'm healthier than most people. this afternoon. i have my yearly pap.)

5 my children (they grow too fast. i regret how i related w/ my 10 yr daughter yesterday. she was having probs w/ her homework. i helped her, a lot at first, then just gave up cause i felt she was making such stupid mistakes. i want to help her more next time.)
  • brookefoley
    brookefoley Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Good idea!
    i am grateful for

1) husband that also has weight loss goal, makes it sooo much easier!
    2) my elliptical
    3) going for walks
    4) hot showers
    5) yummy coffee
    6) great job. or should that be listed as #1?

have a great day!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    1) my husband
    2) my kids
    3) our health-I am a 3 yr breast cancer survivor!
    4) my job
    5) my determination to live healthier--of which my fitness pal is a HUGE part!
    I could keep going!

I want a wet jet mop too!
  • hdtoolgirl
    hdtoolgirl Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    1. My Wonderful Boyfriend
    2. My Health (except for being overweight)
    3. Having a steady job
    4. Utilizing this website to fulfill my goal
    5. My small peppermint patty before bed (need that sweet taste before bed)

2009 is going to be a good year!!
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Good idea, especially this morning since I had my first weigh in since the holidays. Up 3 pounds...it could be worse!

1) my husband, the best friend a girl could have
    2) my sisters
    3) my daughter
    4) my health
    5) my job, when so many others don't have one I feel very blessed!

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    01. my youngest daughter has health insurance - it is through the state and I always felt very bad about that - but yesterday when I went to pick up her meds for the month because of her disability the total would have been $673. That doesn't include her commication, physical or occupational therapy. Thank you God, she has that insurance!

02. my dogs - sometimes they drive me crazy but they bring me much happiness

03. the weight loss group I started at our church last night and the ladies in it

04. my personal fitness coach - my 8 year old daughter
    ( I typed my family yesterday, am thankful every day for them, but she is cracking me up.

05. my electric blanket - I love that thing
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    01. my youngest daughter has health insurance - it is through the state and I always felt very bad about that - but yesterday when I went to pick up her meds for the month because of her disability the total would have been $673. That doesn't include her commication, physical or occupational therapy. Thank you God, she has that insurance!

02. my dogs - sometimes they drive me crazy but they bring me much happiness

03. the weight loss group I started at our church last night and the ladies in it

04. my personal fitness coach - my 8 year old daughter
    ( I typed my family yesterday, am thankful every day for them, but she is cracking me up.

05. my electric blanket - I love that thing
  • jdhsinger
    jdhsinger Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What a great post! So great to see something
    so positive!

1) my faith
    2) my husband
    3) my family (mom. dad, sibs, grandparents...)
    4) my husband and I having decent jobs in these
    scary times
    5) getting through my first day (yesterday) on MFP
    without going over my calories or wanting to
    cheat too badly :wink:
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I am grateful
    to have God in my life
    to be alive
    to be clean
    to have serenity and peace today
    to feel positive about today
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I love this idea. :flowerforyou: I had a bad night last night... I think it'll help to focus on the things I'm grateful for.

1. My mom - I love her! I don't say it nearly enough. She works so hard, inspires me and I want to be just like her.
    2. My grandparents - their faith in God inspires me. I want to be like them in that aspect.
    3. My friends - I have the best friends ever. I don't spend nearly enough time with them, but they always understand.
    4. MFP - Without this site, I don't know if I could do what I'm doing. Without you guys, I don't know if I would believe it could be done.
    5. My job - I love it, I'm lucky to have it and I want to be the best I can at it.

Thank you for this. :heart: I needed to recognize those things.
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I love this idea. :flowerforyou: I had a bad night last night... I think it'll help to focus on the things I'm grateful for.

1. My mom - I love her! I don't say it nearly enough. She works so hard, inspires me and I want to be just like her.
    2. My grandparents - their faith in God inspires me. I want to be like them in that aspect.
    3. My friends - I have the best friends ever. I don't spend nearly enough time with them, but they always understand.
    4. MFP - Without this site, I don't know if I could do what I'm doing. Without you guys, I don't know if I would believe it could be done.
    5. My job - I love it, I'm lucky to have it and I want to be the best I can at it.

Thank you for this. :heart: I needed to recognize those things.
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    1. God's grace (I never truly understood what that meant until being widowed 9 months ago: i could not have survived this without it, though!)
    2. My son
    3. My wonderful support system of family and friends
    4. My Garmin Nuvii (I'd be lost all the time without it!)
    5. This website: the motivation and accountibility has helped me lose weight for the first time in years!