If you could give just one tip on how to lose weight...

Options

Replies

• blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    And now you know, don't ask for one tip, or you will suddenly have hundreds of tips and tricks. :)
  • DC0hen
    DC0hen Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Don't diet. Eat nutritious meals.

Raw salads are great.

Check your food combinations. Number one nono is carbs and proteins in one meal.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    DC0hen wrote: »
    Don't diet. Eat nutritious meals.

Raw salads are great.

Check your food combinations. Number one nono is carbs and proteins in one meal.

Calorie reduction for weight loss. Nutrition for health.

Food combinations don't matter.
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Burn more calories than you eat.
  • jeremycorsino291
    Options
    Water...
  • melsetsy
    melsetsy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Don't rely solely on your scale for feedback!! Measure yourself at the beginning and then once a month thereafter so you can see inches lost, too!! In fact, I just started logging and exercising again 35 days ago and measured and weighed myself today.....I actually gained a pound, but lost 2"!!! Thankfully I measured myself at the beginning because I would have given up or at the very least, felt extremely discouraged at the weight gain!!!
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Eat enough! I spent years going down to 1200cal because a trainer/friend/the interwebs told me to and always ended it with a binge that contined for months. Eat to fuel your body! I could be eating 1200 right now but that would result in cravings, grouchiness, and workout burnout.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Dont beat yourself up when you have a bad day. Use the extra energy to fuel a good workout and pick up where you left off. Dont try to make up for it by over restricting, just go back to your regular deficit
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Eat less than you burn.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Stop making and believing excuses.
  • YamiElisa
    YamiElisa Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Go slowly.

Take it slow, change your habits so they will last you a lifetime. Best of luck!
  • Optimistical1
    Optimistical1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    teamvic wrote: »
    What would it be? No lists, keeping it nice and simple. Just one tip, new to this (just logged my 30th day in a row and looking for more inspiration) interested to see what people put as their top tip.

Intermittent fasting, specifically Leangains. It changed my life.
  • Dreysander
    Dreysander Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up if you have a "slip" up. Just wake up the next morning and get back on the horse.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    CICO
  • Dreysander
    Dreysander Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    IIFYM
  • LadyTalulah
    LadyTalulah Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Don't hate the process, otherwise you won't stick to it. Find a way to look at your goals as something that gets you pumped, not fills you with dread.
  • snailrunner
    snailrunner Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    make friends here and support each other
  • Larissa_NY
    Larissa_NY Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Food is a neutral substance with no inherent moral or emotional qualities. Stop losing your mind over it. If you can't think about it without becoming irrational, it's time for therapy.
  • wolfbiteaus
    wolfbiteaus Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    walk!!
  • yatesnikki88
    yatesnikki88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Perseverance. <3 o