Lost weight but feel fatter

Options
I've lost 8lb but the more weight I lose, the bigger I feel I am. My goals keep getting lower and lower. I thought my first goal was ambitious but now I've reached it, I'm still not satisfied. Anyone else get this?

Replies

• Getty59
    Getty59 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Not sure how big u are but it seemed to me the more weight I lost the bigger and softer my fat felt, but I Googled it and got the answer so it was cool! Eventually I did notice that I was slimming down.
  • TheHealthyHippie123
    Options
    I'm 8 stone 2 pounds & 5'4
    Okay, thank you
  • ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    You are are the lower end of a normal BMI. You do not need to lose weight. Why, specifically, are you not satisfied?
  • PhoenyxRose
    PhoenyxRose Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    If you feel fat and really just want to tone up, go into recomp and start yer lifting
  • TheHealthyHippie123
    Options
    I do lift :) and do plenty of core training
  • TheHealthyHippie123
    Options
    ridge4mfp wrote: »
    You are are the lower end of a normal BMI. You do not need to lose weight. Why, specifically, are you not satisfied?

I was large as a young teen, i'd rather be on the smaller side than the larger because of how that used to affect me emotionally. I just don't feel happy in this body yet and losing a bit more will make me more confident. I feel as though I am the larger friend, or like I could do with losing a bit more
  • TheHealthyHippie123
    Options

I was large as a young teen, i'd rather be on the smaller side than the larger because of how that used to affect me emotionally. I just don't feel happy in this body yet and losing a bit more will make me more confident. I feel as though I am the larger friend, or like I could do with losing a bit more

(Specifically, my upper arms are flabby and my face is puffed up around the jaw line and I have a lot of tummy excess fat)
  • ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    Options

(Specifically, my upper arms are flabby and my face is puffed up around the jaw line and I have a lot of tummy excess fat)

Then continue your lifting and give it time. Again, you don't need to lose more weight. You can't target where you lose anyway.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    If I'm doing this conversion correctly...You're like 114ish pounds? At 5'4"? You should not lose any more weight. You need to keep lifting, and watch your body/physique change.