Finish this line...I realized it would be a good idea to joi

Options
Sorry. it cut off my posting title...

Finish this line...I realized it would be a good idea to join MFP when...

I had no choice but to buy a pair of size 16 pair of dress pants for an event I had to attend to...This is unacceptable when you are 5'2...

YOUR turn...

Replies

• ratkaj
    ratkaj Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I realized it would be a good idea to join MFP when I saw how I let myself go in CCTV. OHHH that was a bad day!
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    when i randomly thought of "i bet theres some stupid calorie counter as on ap on my phone" so i did a search for calorie counter, and MFP came up, i installed it, not knowing anything about it, and have logged in every day since (100 days).. Losing weight was so hard before, i had interest, but wanted the easy way out...and MFP is easy!! and free!!
  • hjsyndrome
    hjsyndrome Posts: 215
    Options
    ....when the P90X nutrition plan looked discusting. I had to get help from somewhere on how to keep track of calories in and out.
  • em1976
    em1976 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I realized it would be a good idea to join MFP when i found myself going to the local Chinese take out for a combo meal for my meat and veggies for the day.Shame lol!
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I realized it was time to join MFP when I realized that I only have one pair of shorts and two pairs of capris that fit me.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I realized it would be a good idea to join MFP when I was very closely bordering 200lbs (199.8)
  • shannonkk
    shannonkk Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    when the actress on tv told everyone her size and I said to my husband " no, way, she is huge, she cannot be the same size as me" oh, yes, she was.
  • ayesha30
    ayesha30 Posts: 43
    Options
    I realized that I needed to lose weight when I got on the Wii Fit Plus and it makes thia very annoying sound after it has weighed you and tells you that you're obese, also looking at my naked self in the mirror in disgust!!
  • WWhitaker
    WWhitaker Posts: 309
    Options
    When I've done all the crazy diets, battled anorexia, bulemia and then emotional eating....I started feeling unhappy in my own skin. I was tired of not loving my body! I knew I wanted to live a healthy lifestyle but still be able to eat the things I love, because I love food! I needed something to help me know what I am eating, what I should be eating and help me give me support without having to stand up in a room full of people. I knew I needed to be accountable to myself, push myself, support others, and most of all, learn to love me no matter what size I am. I'm fabulous!!!
  • pandaeye
    pandaeye Posts: 126
    Options
    Seeing my reflection ( naked ) and thinking oh my god what happened!!??

Oh.......and my husband taking the mick and saying can I wipe out your folds :/
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    When I realized tracking on Livestrong.com is a JOKE to say the least and found this site by downloading a free app!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    when I needed accountability and encouragement before and after weight loss surgery.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    When I started my first job after college and realized that if I didn't turn things around with my weight now (after walking EVERYWHERE in college and being relatively active), that it was only going to get much worse. I really wanted to be happy... and not single! Haha... so far so good on both fronts :)
  • Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    When I realized I couldn't find any pictures of me that I would post on Facebook :( and getting engaged and almost throwing up at the fact that unless I change, my wedding photos would look like THAT!
  • FaerieMoon
    FaerieMoon Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    when i randomly thought of "i bet theres some stupid calorie counter as on ap on my phone" so i did a search for calorie counter, and MFP came up, i installed it, not knowing anything about it, and have logged in every day since (100 days).. Losing weight was so hard before, i had interest, but wanted the easy way out...and MFP is easy!! and free!!

This!
    now I am addicted
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    When I started from size 14 and pushing to size 18.
    Feeling bloated, tired, clothes were tight.
    Tried alot of diets, I am a Weight Watcher member too.
    Nothing seemed to be working until a co worker told
    me about MFP. I have been on ever since. 190 days
    and counting and even on vacations.

I have lost 21 pounds and counting.:bigsmile:
  • chicpower1
    chicpower1 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    when i randomly thought of "i bet theres some stupid calorie counter as on ap on my phone" so i did a search for calorie counter, and MFP came up, i installed it, not knowing anything about it, and have logged in every day since

Exact same here. LOL. Was a random act of boredom with no real intention of doing anything to help myself.
  • krb731
    krb731 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    When the doctor said, "Maybe you should excercise" with a smirk. At first I wanted to punch him in the face, but now we are friends. :heart:
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    At 5'2 there really isn't any cute clothes ater 3 x blouses without turning into tents.
  • lildevil968
    lildevil968 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    When I came across my senior picture and wondered "wth happened?" It's only been 11 years since that pic was taken, and I have an extra 65Ibs on me.