Ice cream cake?

Options
channy22
channy22 Posts: 33 Member
Today is my younger sisters birthday and there is going to be a vanilla ice cream cake from dairy queen. I have no idea how many calories are in it, anyone have an idea?

Replies

• sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    DQ probably gives the nutrition info for their cakes on their website.
  • marnieinMB
    marnieinMB Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Too many!
  • lijparsons
    lijparsons Posts: 258
    Options
    It is in the database. I just had it last weekend!
  • cowpacino
    cowpacino Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Ice cream is probably the worst thing you could possibly eat
    Avoid it like the plague
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    410 calories, 15g fat (11 saturated!), 30mg cholesterol, 59g carb (46g sugar!!)

**EDIT - taken from dairy queen website 1/8 of 8" cake
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/dairy-queen/ice-cream-cake
    When I know I have places to go where I may be tempted I eat lite early in the day get my exercise in and indulge a little because it is part of life and if you know your going to be tempted just have a small piece and move on, Good Luck and enjoy!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I had some last weekend it was so good. I made sure i had calories available for it though. Take a thin slice and enjoy, if you know you will not go back for more.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I think you should have a slice and enjoy every bite of it!

Personally, I don't think a slice of DQ ice cream cake is that unreasonable of an indulgence. For the vanilla cakes, a slice ranges in calories from 142-213 calories (depending on the size of the whole cake). I can easily fit a treat like that into my calorie goal.

You can see the complete nutritional info here: http://www.dairyqueen.com/resources/-007/4830/3231/2011USDQTreatNutritionBrochure.pdf

(Cakes are at the bottom of the second page)
  • pkeys
    pkeys Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Put Dairy Queen ice cream cake in and it will give you the calorie intake for a slice. Which is a lot. However, just exercise it off. Get on your exercise bike or walk for 45 minutes. That should take care of that.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    410 calories, 15g fat (11 saturated!), 30mg cholesterol, 59g carb (46g sugar!!)

**EDIT - taken from dairy queen website 1/8 of 8" cake
    We get them all the time but we get 12 to 15 pieces from it. You dont need to take 1/8 of the cake.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Avoid it like the plague

Elaborate?
  • electricnarwhal
    Options
    At least it's not a blizzard cake... THOSE are riDQulous!

But, enjoy yourself. :) You can exercise it off afterward. :flowerforyou:
  • onlinebs
    onlinebs Posts: 15
    Options
    http://www.dairyqueen.com/us-en/eats-and-treats/nutrition-calculator/

500 calories for 1/10th of a 10inch cake, vanilla. I'd look up t he exact cake you are having at the link above, and realize this will be at lest 1/3rd of your daily calories if you do not exercise.
  • amyrc12
    amyrc12 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Avoid it like the plague

OK - let's be relistic... there aren't very many people that can avoid all things that are bad for us in one way or another "like the plague". A slice of cake will not de-rail anything... Moderation is the key. You aren't going to completely un-do all of the good things you've been doing with a single piece of birthday cake. Have your cake - enjoy the hell out of it... Just don't enjoy the cake every day, and you'll be fine!
  • ksharon22
    ksharon22 Posts: 111
    Options
    I look at it like I'm a bank: I exercise so I can make a deposit into my calorie account and make withdrawals later when I need them for situations such as this! Life is always going to happen...you should be able to have a slice of ice cream cake, a couple of drinks with friends, that order of french fries, etc. every once in a while. Just make that calorie deposit so you can cover the withdrawal!