A Must Read if you are thinking about quitting.

Options
This is an excerpt of an article taken from Men's Fitness Magazine, Editor's Page. November 2010

You know the guy. He is full of ideas. Big ideas. Conquering the world and make millions ideas. He is going to launch a company and run a marathon. He is going to lose 25 pounds and write a book. He is going to either ask our the hot girl in marketing or propose to his long-term girlfriend.

He might actually sketch out some business ideas and print the business cards. He might start working out and going for runs some mornings. He may change his eating habits and he would lose a few pounds. He might start a book treatment. And he may work up the nerve to say hi to the marketing babe or to start looking for rings.

Months later? He still doing the same deadend job. He'll stop running regularly and is getting softer on the middle. The book treatment is still a pne-pager.

And both the hot babe and the girlfriend has moved on.

This guy is a classic Starter, and unfortunately there are a lot of people like him out there.

Starters are great at the gun, but they never finish the race. They're talkers, not doers. They're creative thinkers who couldn't turn their thoughts inton anything tangible, workable, or sellable, even if the prize was a date with Eva Mendez.

There are plenty of reasons Starters can't finish. Often their ideas sound good but fall apart because they haven't thought throught the realities...

Now some Starters are Finishers. They take their ideas, assess its viability, do their research, then pursue it like "Navy Seal Team 6 pursue Bin Laden"(I changed that up from Clint Eastwood pursue the bad guys)

Anyone can be a Starter. You want to be a Finisher.

How? Start small. Taken achievable idea (I'll start working out 3 days a week, or I will drink 36 ounces of water a day). Make that happen. Finish it
Next, come up with a bigger idea (i'm going to reduce my body fat by 5% or develop a business plan or book proposal). Now make it happen. Finish it.
Soon you'll be ready to go all Usain Bolt--exploding out of the blocks and powering across the tape with your Big Idea.

Be a Finisher. Strike a pose. You win.

I found this inspirational and have made a copy to keep in my wallet. I hope it is helpful to you in your goal to be healthy.

Blessings Always,
E.

Replies

• KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing that, very motivational :smile:
  • jdunagan
    jdunagan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You have no idea how well-timed your post was. I've been doing great the last five months (lost 35 pounds, started running 5k's, etc.) but for some reason the last couple of weeks the wheels just fell off the bus. I'm steadily working on re-igniting the fire, and your post definitely helps, thanks!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    This is an excerpt of an article taken from Men's Fitness Magazine, Editor's Page. November 2010

You know the guy. He is full of ideas. Big ideas. Conquering the world and make millions ideas. He is going to launch a company and run a marathon. He is going to lose 25 pounds and write a book. He is going to either ask our the hot girl in marketing or propose to his long-term girlfriend.

He might actually sketch out some business ideas and print the business cards. He might start working out and going for runs some mornings. He may change his eating habits and he would lose a few pounds. He might start a book treatment. And he may work up the nerve to say hi to the marketing babe or to start looking for rings.

Months later? He still doing the same deadend job. He'll stop running regularly and is getting softer on the middle. The book treatment is still a pne-pager.

This guy is a classic Starter, and unfortunately there are a lot of people like him out there.

Starters are great at the gun, but they never finish the race. They're talkers, not doers. They're creative thinkers who couldn't turn their thoughts inton anything tangible, workable, or sellable, even if the prize was a date with Eva Mendez.

There are plenty of reasons Starters can't finish. Often their ideas sound good but fall apart because they haven't thought throught the realities...

Now some Starters are Finishers. They take their ideas, assess its viability, do their research, then pursue it like "Navy Seal Team 6 pursue Bin Laden"(I changed that up from Clint Eastwood pursue the bad guys)

How? Start small. Taken achievable idea (I'll start working out 3 days a week, or I will drink 36 ounces of water a day). Make that happen. Finish it
    Next, come up with a bigger idea (i'm going to reduce my body fat by 5% or develop a business plan or book proposal). Now make it happen. Finish it.
    Soon you'll be ready to go all Usain Bolt--exploding out of the blocks and powering across the tape with your Big Idea.

I found this inspirational and have made a copy to keep in my wallet. I hope it is helpful to you in your goal to be healthy.

Blessings Always,
    E.

Sounds like LeBron to Me!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Not thinking of quitting but this caught my eye it is useful for us all.
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I love it! What a great reminder. I know last year when I said (yet again) that I was going to lose weight no one took me seriously because I would always start off great, might even lost 10 pounds... but it never "stuck".

I've had my moments where I wanted to hang it up but always brought myself back from the edge. I am printing this out as I type. I am going to keep a copy in my bathroom and on my desk...... I will be a finisher!
  • chan0404
    chan0404 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. I agree we can all be a starter, but finishing is what count the most.
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!!!
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options

Blessings Always,
    E.

Sounds like LeBron to Me!

I was not thinking about him but this does sound like the self proclaimed king.