2»

Replies

• ayesha30
    ayesha30 Posts: 43
    Options
    I found it at World Market today!!
  • Melissamarielove
    Options
    Love the stuff too, but I did my own research, and if you like white wine, it has about 200 calories less per bottle than Skinny Girl!
  • DESIREE1210
    DESIREE1210 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Okay, now I seriously need a drink...LOL
    Wish the drinks I like were low calories..............this is my #1 problem in the summer.
  • Tkhk0514
    Tkhk0514 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have bought several bottles of Skinny Girl. My daughter (over 21) likes it but I was not too crazy about it.

I just bought a Margarita flavored Crystal Light at the grocery store the other day. I am going to try and doctor that up with a shot of Tequila and some fresh lime. (only calories you would have would be in the alcohol so that would be 100 calories for 1.5 ounces of tequila with a 6.5 or 8 ounce glass of lemonade) sounds pretty reasonable.

They also had Mojito flavor and Appletini flavors too (probably new for the summer)
  • blynnblair
    blynnblair Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DeBlue
    DeBlue Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Great info - i have some of this in my cupboard but thought it was just the mixer substitute and hadn't tried it yet. Nice it is "all in". No wonder it was so expensive and so highly recommended!
  • iSteakers
    iSteakers Posts: 45
    Options
    I'm a huge margarita person so I think they are ok, but a real one is obviously much better. My issue is that 1 serving is 4 fluid oz and that is 100 calories, but really who is only going to drink 1 fluid oz? 1 shot = 1.5 fluid oz.. so for me a small glass FULL of ice is more like 200 calories and thats just not worth it when I could make my own for less.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    its worth every calorie and you dont need to drink a bunch. You either love it or not. The entire bottle is 3 or 4 ww pp. I love it. Its not full of chemicals anymore than any other kind of alcohol.

LOVE IT!
  • caterpillar2Butterfly
    Options
    Bump
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    It has a lot of chemicals (i.e. sweeteners) though, and it actually gave me a BAD stomachache. It is so easy to make your own!

1 shot good tequila
    juice of 2 limes
    Club soda

Shake up the tequila and lime juice in a cocktail shaker and get it nice and cold, add to a cup of ice, then add club soda to top it off. It is very yum!

I'm not sure this is accurate. It has alcohol in it, but it is sweetened with Agave nectar. I don't think there are chemicals in it. If I'm wrong, please let me know what the chemicals are (other than the alcohol).

But, your recipe sounds good too!
  • katie_on_a_mission
    Options
    No, it's not the equivalent of one beer. It's one oz. that's 12.5% alcohol. If we assume that a 12 oz. (light) beer is 5.5% alcohol, then we see that it takes nearly six shots of skinny girl margarita to equal the alcohol of one light beer. You actually get fewer calories for the same amount of alcohol by drinking one light beer.
  • katie_on_a_mission
    Options
    No, it's not the equivalent of one beer. It's one oz. that's 12.5% alcohol. If we assume that a 12 oz. (light) beer is 5.5% alcohol, then we see that it takes nearly six shots of skinny girl margarita to equal the alcohol of one light beer. You actually get fewer calories for the same amount of alcohol in six shots of skinny girl by drinking one light beer.
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Ok, then. Thanks for the correction. This post was more for the fans of Skinny Girl Margs....lol
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    Ok, then. Thanks for the correction. This post was more for the fans of Skinny Girl Margs....lol

I totally got that! Love it and thats all that matters! Now that I think about it i have 4oz left that I will knock out right now! Cheers!
  • ksharon22
    ksharon22 Posts: 111
    Options
    boomboom011 I love they way you drink...I mean think! :-) Oh wait, BOTH!!