Losing 100+ lbs

Options
I've finally decided after 6 years to lose all my excess weight. When I graduated HS 7 years ago I weighed 132 lbs and I'm 5 2. I looked and felt great. I was getting a lot of attention from men and I ended up getting raped and subconsciously I started gaining weight. It got out of control and I just gave up. But two years ago I met the love of my life and there's nothing I want more now than to be healthy. He's ready to start a family but my body isn't ready with a BMI of almost 49%. I'm glad I've finally made the decision to be healthy again. Any and all support and encouragement is needed!

Replies

• shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking the first step! I have 93lbs left to go (67 down, phew). You can do this! You're eventual pregnancy will be easier on your body with weight loss. But don't set to hard a limit on yourself before starting your family. Maybe talk with your doctor about what would be a good place to be when you start. I was 270 when I got pregnant and while I had complications, my kid was(and is) healthy and now he's my reason for taking care of myself! Feel free to add me!
  • agnes_giovanni
    agnes_giovanni Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda,

You can do it!!!
    Self sabotage is the worst thing and I'm happy to hear you've met the love if your life.
    I found it will be much easier if we have someone we love by our side.
    Does your partner love sports? Doing exercise together like early morning jog is fun! Or if he cares abour healty eating then this could benefit you. You guys could start looking out for each other. Like eating dinner from the same plate can make you feel more satisfied & full than if you eat by yourself. Smaller portion and feeling good = losing weight ;)
  • jlspain1
    jlspain1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I'm new here too and I can say the support is great. Feel free to add me.
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Good for you Amanda!! Feel free to add me on your journey. I have 40 pounds to lose and would love to support and get support!!!
  • chgonzalez1978
    chgonzalez1978 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hello. I've lost about 110 lbs this past year and would happy to help if I can. Feel free to add me.
  • LogR4Life
    LogR4Life Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I started a year ago and was aiming for 110 pounds. Today I only have 50 left! Do not be discouraged . . . the secret is DON'T QUIT. Quitting is the only way to fail. If you have a bad day, or a bad week, RESTART — as often as necessary!! Track even when you overeat. Always remember when things aren't going as you had hoped — it's a bad day, not a bad life. Turn the page and start again. I'd love for you to friend me and/or follow my blog! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/SnagTop
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    I've lost 110 lbs and would love to cheer you on. Add me!