Heart Attack Survivor

Options
WBoulay
WBoulay Posts: 12 Member
Well, got throough the first one with little damage (thank God for 911 and good EMY's/Hospital). Now I have to get serious and loose the 30 pounds that I gained after retirement from the Navy. Used a similar tracking system years ago but this one is so much improved. Looking forward to the interface.

Replies

• VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Wishing you the best and much success. I am a heart patient too, aortic valve replacement, and am here for my health thru doctor's suggestion.
  • javaruck
    javaruck Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    All the best to you as you go through your recovery. I had my heart attack/cardiac arrest on 1/22/11 and was also fortunate to be near great medical facilities. I'm also on this site trying to get my weight down even more.

My damage was also minimal so I've been very lucky to resume my past level of activity very quickly. I'm sure you will find the same as well.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Heart Problems run in my fathers side of the family... so that was one of my reasons for wanting to get in shape.

Best of luck to you!
  • WBoulay
    WBoulay Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank oyu for the support all who replied. Follow up today with primary care who told me I am also diabetic and placed me on meds for that too. This is going to be hard figuring out what is good for heart, good for blood sugar, and good for weight loss.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Thank oyu for the support all who replied. Follow up today with primary care who told me I am also diabetic and placed me on meds for that too. This is going to be hard figuring out what is good for heart, good for blood sugar, and good for weight loss.

there is lots of helpful advice on this website... start with the search option and search what you are looking for. if you cant find it then post another forum post and people will definately help you!

But anything healthy will be good for you and will be an improvement from your past. :smile: