Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Elliptical - Am I Doing it Wrong?

I have an elliptical at home, and my boyfriend says that my goal should be to do a 10 minute mile on it. The problem is that, in order to do that, I would have to average 6 mph. Maybe it's my posture (or my elliptical?) but I literally might bounce off if I went that fast! lol ... Right now I average 3 - 3.5 mph and have no problem working up a sweat at that pace. But I am just wondering what I might be doing wrong, because if I try to go, say, 5 mph, as I said I am literally bouncing and the machine even shakes a bit. I am 122 lbs for reference.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,888 Member
    Where'd he come up with that?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • KatieAnneEtcetera
    KatieAnneEtcetera Posts: 21 Member
    He says that's what he used to do when he worked out, and I'm thinking he's equating it to running. But when I Google it I see similar suggestions for the elliptical ...
  • maryfk21
    maryfk21 Posts: 1 Member
    Try increasing your resistance. This will make it harder, but it will increase the distance of each step.
  • katrn05
    katrn05 Posts: 20 Member
    Um, you should do what is right for you not what your boyfriend thinks is right. Maybe work yourself up to that speed.