Snack ideas for Atkins

Options
I recently started atkins and im surprised at how easy of a transition it has been from eating all my starchy and sugary favourites to none at all. My one issue is I havent been able to find any sweet snack foods that fall within the guidelines except cheesestrings. Anyone have any sweeet snacky ideas?

Replies

• iwillnotlose2014
    iwillnotlose2014 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have been snacking on near naked chocolate elation. I get them from Target
  • aimeerhiannon
    aimeerhiannon Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    have you tried making your own sugar-free gummy candy? it's really easy and there are lots of recipes online
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Not sweet, but macadamia nuts are great!
  • cheryldowney86
    cheryldowney86 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    have you tried making your own sugar-free gummy candy? it's really easy and there are lots of recipes online

I didnt know this was even possible!! Im going to look it up!!
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Porterhouse steak
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Best to put sweet behind you TBH
  • kirstywhyman
    kirstywhyman Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I use cucumber as 'crackers' and top with any combinations of the following - cream cheese, salami, hummus, chicken, cheese, ham, mayo, tuna, sliced hard boiled eggs...... i really enjoy this snack, hope that helps :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I thought low carb was supposed to remove the need for snacking?
  • cheryldowney86
    Options
    I use cucumber as 'crackers' and top with any combinations of the following - cream cheese, salami, hummus, chicken, cheese, ham, mayo, tuna, sliced hard boiled eggs...... i really enjoy this snack, hope that helps :)

What a great idea! I always have cucumber and many of those other toppings! Thanks
  • cheryldowney86
    Options
    I thought low carb was supposed to remove the need for snacking?

Im pretty sure everyone still wants a treat once in awhile, im jist looking for something that i can have without going carb crazy, like sugar free jello!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Fatbombs ...tons of recipes on pinterest.com