Which kind of body shape do I have?

Options
applepie1121311
applepie1121311 Posts: 2 Member
edited December 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
How are you guys doing?:D I just joined to this website and it looks fun! It's kind of awkward to ask you guys from the first greeting but which kind of body shape do I have? Average? Athletic? Curvy?...etc I'm just curious about how do I look from people so please leave a comment!:D Nice to see you all!qiztl0dn6twe.jpg
s73ar03b8q3d.jpg

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Impossible to tell

Get out a measuring tape and try this http://shopyourshape.com/calculate-your-body-shape/
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    You've got comparatively narrow hips vs shoulders, probably apple or rectangle or something would be my guess
  • applepie1121311
    applepie1121311 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank both of you for gave me a comment! But I wanted to know like average or athletic or something like that.:D
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Oh! Ok, I don't know, you look a bit like a volleyball player or maybe a swimmer. Healthy!
  • Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    If there's truth to the idea that 66% of Americans are overweight or obese, and if you're an American, then saying you're Average would mean you're either overweight or obese. If I were you and were trying to set up a dating profile, and needed to fill out body type, I'd say athletic. You're definitely not what is considered "average" as of 2015.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Thank both of you for gave me a comment! But I wanted to know like average or athletic or something like that.:D

Fine

put on swimwear

take a full photo in clean light, straight on flexed and unflexed, same sideways, same back if you can manage it
  • icemaiden37
    icemaiden37 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Impossible to tell

Get out a measuring tape and try this http://shopyourshape.com/calculate-your-body-shape/

Oooh, that's a great tool Rabbit, never seen that one before - thx for sharing!
  • Paleodiet4beginnersdotcom
    Options
    Love the link rabbit. Awesome tool
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Very nice! I'd say athletic-curvy. I like that combination and find the really cut athletic looks a bit harsh-looking (while being very impressive!).

That's absolutely just a personal opinion, so if your goal is a really low bodyfat (with good muscle), more power to you :)

Are you athletic, or is that just luck of the genes?
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I believe the proper medical term is bangin'.
  • memickee
    memickee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Impossible to tell

@rabbitjb That tool is awesome! Thanks. I thought I was one shape, but according to my measurements I am something else. Who knew!
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Hi Applepie.

I'm a colour & style analyst which includes analysing body shape. You have broader shoulders than hips and so are an inverted triangle (or fruit analogy=strawberry). Going by apparent body fat levels in the picture levels I'd say average- BUT your body shape is the one most people in the general population associate mentally with athletic women (broad statement I know) so if you are going for an athletic look then that's great.

Body shape= inverted triangle
    Body fat/ type= average
  • LesbianBicycle
    LesbianBicycle Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Impossible to tell

Anyone else find this inaccurate? Said I was straight with a flat *kitten* and gain in top.. is the other way around. I gain in lower half and always have pronounced *kitten*. Have never gained weight in my upper-body. It came to this conclusion because my bust and hips are both 33. Waist is 24, so I don't get how that's undefined. Just saying.
  • laurainottawa
    laurainottawa Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Impossible to tell

Anyone else find this inaccurate? Said I was straight with a flat *kitten* and gain in top.. is the other way around. I gain in lower half and always have pronounced *kitten*. Have never gained weight in my upper-body. It came to this conclusion because my bust and hips are both 33. Waist is 24, so I don't get how that's undefined. Just saying.

This is what I got:
    Your body type is: Unavailable
    A very small percentage of women do not fall into any of the 8 body type categories. We are sorry that we cannot match your body type at this time.
  • takingcareofus
    takingcareofus Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi. Totally athletic.
    I'd love to get to where you've come!

I'd guess hourglass. (Possibly rectangle. If someone would photograph me from the back, I'd look one way, but including my front view, I'd look another category.)

It looks like you're dedicated-healthy!

Have a good one.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Impossible to tell

This is what I got:
    Your body type is: Unavailable
    A very small percentage of women do not fall into any of the 8 body type categories. We are sorry that we cannot match your body type at this time.

I got the same thing. Somehow, I am not surprised.
  • heatherlewisis
    heatherlewisis Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I believe the proper medical term is bangin'.

Ha! ^this... Lol
  • Sued0nim
    Options

Impossible to tell

I put in those measurements and it gave hourglass

That's odd
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Um, "normal". I wouldn't say from those pictures that you are particularly "curvy", nor "athletic", or anything. Why does it matter?
  • soulofgrace
    soulofgrace Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    DON'T try this: blah blah yourshape.com

Yeah. So much for categorizing myself. "Straight" is what I got. Why did I use that stupid calculator? I am 20 lbs down and I'd like to go about 15 more. I feel pretty "bangin'." I don't need no stinkin labels! They just bring me down on an otherwise successful journey. *kitten* labels.