30 day shred. Day 1 - OMG

Options
So i bought JM 30DS and just tried it out. i did the warm up and 10mins into the programme, ill admit, i failed and gave in. i was covered in sweat and felt all jelly-fied!! Anyone had this on the first day? I am going to re-try it again tomorrow but i feel a bit disheartened right now :sad:

must be more unfit than i realised.

Replies

• tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Never tried it. But you didn't fail you TRIED! And that's a start! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    if you got 10 minutes through, you were halfway there! embrace the success. jillian doesn't mess around! you'll get there - just keep going - stronger everyday!
  • Sofitness
    Sofitness Posts: 54
    Options
    bump

I'm planning on getting this and am actually scared on how unfit will I feel.
  • GemUK84
    GemUK84 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    i am just about to put the dvd on, so i will let you know in 30 mins or maybe sooner :laugh:
  • jedwards70
    jedwards70 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It is a really hard workout. Keep trying! You will eventually be able to do it.
  • heathermrls
    Options
    dont give up. it is hard but it will get a little easier the more you do it.
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    It is hard to make it through the first couple of days. Just keep telling yourself that at the second set of workouts you are ALMOST done!! The last set is a combination of the two other sets so its almost like there is no last set if you get what I am saying.

I am starting it (again as I never completed past 6 days) tonight... You can add me if you'd like :)

Keep at it! Good luck!
  • tammyr76
    tammyr76 Posts: 174
    Options
    I did the same thing on day one,,,,she says take a 5 second breather then keep moving ,,LOL,,I took alot of 5 second breathers....But if you keep doing what you can do (don't hurt yourself) by day 6 it was so much easier and I could get through the whole warmup,20 mins program and cool down..You can do it,,,Baby steps....
    I am now doing the 30 day shred and Biggest losers boot camp,,it is kicking my butt....
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Yes, me. I have done 3 days and it's still hard but getting easier. I just take a quick breather if I feel like I can't do anymore and then continue. It is hard though!
  • omgsaleslady
    omgsaleslady Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    i run every day and work out with weights, and i did the same thing when i tried it the first day! i actually only got through half the push-ups before i gave COMPLETELY UP, haha. and i thought i was in terrific shape!! hang in there!!
  • flabwillbefab
    Options
    well, mine is trimming 30 days, with her,,and day 1st?? well when i woke up the day after, i was so sore,,did it again that day, and on the 3rd day, i cant brush my teeths without pain,,lol but she warned me at the biggining,,,, if i want fast and amazing results,,it aint gonna be easy,,!!!!!!:O) best luck!!:O)
  • amyrc12
    amyrc12 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Never tried it. But you didn't fail you TRIED! And that's a start! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

EXACTLY!!! That's 10 minutes more than you did yesterday - so look on the positive side! It's a step forward!!

Great job!!
  • BJC78
    BJC78 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30DS seriously kicks your *kitten*! Im on Level 2 day 2....but seriously I could barely move for the 1st 4 days of Level 1. Keep at it though...keep trying each day because it truly is an amazing feeling when you realize its getting easier. Keep going! You got this!!!!
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I did and i quit. I am going to try it again. Make sure you stretch afterwards. It minimizes soreness, which will really make you quit. Keep pushing and you will get it.
  • Dahlface13
    Dahlface13 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just started this routine as well. Right now I only do it every other day and do other, less-demanding exercises the other days. I had to take a break the first day I did it, too. I was surprised that the second day I was able to do much more, so don't give up! And don't feel restrained by the every-day 30-day plan. Push yourself but don't hurt yourself! And good luck!
  • mackemshazza
    mackemshazza Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 1 too, we can do this together, give me your hand.....
  • elizabethdemulder
    Options
    Way to go!! Getting yourself to start and attempt day one is usually one of the hardest parts!!! Try again tomorrow and lets us know how you do!!

I bought it yesterday and am starting tonight after work!! I was looking at some videos of it on youtube and I am a little apprehensive!! I also feel kind of guilty that I'm going to be doing this in my apartment which in on the second level, sorry downstairs neighbors!!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Dont stop just get through it. Even if you have to stop with the weights for 5 seconds or better yet drop the weights for the first couple of days. It is worth it. I am on level 2 day 1. its hard but i like the calories you can burn from just 20 minutes. And the results I have seen on here is great motivation.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I am into Level 2, Day 10 maybe?? Been a long haul with illnesses and issues. My suggestion is to watch each level before you try it. I find day 1 of each level very tough but day 2 is much easier. I think it is the stress of trying to figure out what to do, listening to Jillian, watching the moves,... your heart gets pumping from stress more than the workout. Don't get me wrong, every time I do it is a challenge, but I just keep saying voer and over it's only 20 minutes! I can do this! Stick with the lower impact version of exercises for the first few days then move into doing some at a higher pace. That's how I do it and it seem sot be working better than jsut trying to go all out from the start. It definitely works!!!!
  • rockthehourglass
    rockthehourglass Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    The first few days are very hard, and you will be sore, but if you stick with it you'll improve quickly. I'm on day 28 and I am just SHOCKED and thrilled that I've gotten this far. Don't give up, if I can do it you can do it! :)