I need to be pushed

Options
Please anyone tell me about your secrets or ideas to keep me going! I do not have very much self control & feel like im so addicted to bad foods. I am SUCH a picky eater so it makes it that much harder! Please please modivate me!!! I am 221lbs & need to be at 150!

Replies

• rcarri7661
    rcarri7661 Posts: 10
    Options
    You just need to tell yourself no to bad foods. I have a problem with Soda I drink Alot of soda. But I tell my self no And I try to avoid having it at the house.
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I see you have joined here fairly recently. Log everything. Yes everything, even when you are having a "bad" day. Seeing it written down really makes you think a bit harder about your choices. I found the first couple of weeks a real learning curve - things I ate that I didnt think were too bad and was shocked once I input them. Once you start seeing results, you will be motivated. Keep at it and good luck :smile: xx
  • natersmama
    natersmama Posts: 157
    Options
    im picky when it comes to "good for me" foods. i dont like most vegetables because of the texture. and seafood makes me gag. so i find the plain healthy options. like eggs and oatmeal and chicken breast and green beans. and eat the same things everyday. it is very boring. but i dont care much. its easy. and i have a little guy to keep up with. find the healthy, easy options that work for you. and drink plenty of water!! that helps me not eat when i have a craving for junk.
  • MaddameKat
    MaddameKat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    don't give yourself any excuses and deal with each temptation step by step.
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I know its hard I'm there myself. Picky eater and then no time to cook. I completely understand but we've got to keep going and make the time. RIGHT!!??!! We can do it. I know we can!
  • Rockin23
    Rockin23 Posts: 59
    Options
    I have a picture of my skinny cousin who is sort of like my rival and every time i see it all I wanna do is look better than her so that helps me out a lot when it comes to eating right, though I'm not the cleanest eater out there I try. Hope that helps a little.
  • Melissamarielove
    Options
    First, congrats on losing 4 pounds!!! Don't look at the long-term difficulty of losing weight. Take it day by day, and realize that you didn't gain a ton of weight overnight, and it's not going to come off that way either. I know it's hard, I still have 60 lbs to go, but when I look at what I used to eat compared to sticking with my 1200 calories a day, it's a world of difference. Just know you're getting healthy, and GOOD LUCK!
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Stuff I do: Drink water and lots of it. LOTS. Curbs hunger and cravings really well. After 7:00 or so at night, I try to stay out of the kitchen altogether. (Turning off the lights helps.) Set small, easily attainable goals, like drinking XX glasses of water before the day ends, walking for 5 minutes longer than I did yesterday, buying fresh food instead of stuff in boxes and cans.

The biggest thing, in my opinion: you have to get your head in the right place. You can't "hope" or "try" or "want"; you have to DO. Know what I mean? So much of this lifestyle change -- because that's what we're talking about here, right? new habits you're going to adopt for the rest of your life? -- has to come from within YOU. Find friends who will help you along the way, but know that you are your own best pusher (so to speak). :)

The more you lose, the better you're going to feel about what you're doing and why. Those feelings have helped make me WANT this even more, which it turn helps me stay the course.

You can so do it. Forward we go!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Substitues!! Instead of a candy bar, have some fruit or a 100 calorie snack bar or almonds. If you like cheese, use low fat. If you like pasta, use whole wheat or that Smart Taste brand that's like white but better for you. If you're not a fan of veggies, puree them and put them in sauces and soups or try cooking them in different ways - not a fan of canned? get frozen instead. Not a fan of boiled, try steaming or eat them raw or grill them. If you like sausage/pepperoni, use the turkey version instead.

Just about everything comes in a healthier/lower calorie/lower fat version, you just have to check all the labels and expreiment with cooking.

And if you're not good at eyeballing portions, measure until you get a better idea. In my opinion, portion control is more important than the actual foods because you can enjoy what you like as long as you eat a reasonable portion.

P.S. Congrats on losing 4 pounds already!! Remember this isn't a race or Biggest Loser... 1-2 pounds per week is a nice healthy rate of weight loss. Also, if you're not exercising, start doing that, it'll only help you with the weight loss and improving your health too!
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Substitues!! Instead of a candy bar, have some fruit or a 100 calorie snack bar or almonds. If you like cheese, use low fat. If you like pasta, use whole wheat or that Smart Taste brand that's like white but better for you. If you're not a fan of veggies, puree them and put them in sauces and soups or try cooking them in different ways - not a fan of canned? get frozen instead. Not a fan of boiled, try steaming or eat them raw or grill them. If you like sausage/pepperoni, use the turkey version instead.

Just about everything comes in a healthier/lower calorie/lower fat version, you just have to check all the labels and expreiment with cooking.

And if you're not good at eyeballing portions, measure until you get a better idea. In my opinion, portion control is more important than the actual foods because you can enjoy what you like as long as you eat a reasonable portion.

P.S. Congrats on losing 4 pounds already!! Remember this isn't a race or Biggest Loser... 1-2 pounds per week is a nice healthy rate of weight loss. Also, if you're not exercising, start doing that, it'll only help you with the weight loss and improving your health too!

Thank you for all the help & suggestions! I am working out usually 4-6x a wk depending if my 3 mo old is cooperating & also i cut out mainly pop this wk & have done some portion control & thats how i lost the 4lbs. it aint easy but i know itll come with time!