taking fastin to help with the weight loss any advice would

Options
My name is Jannie. I have been overweight for the last 10 years and I just want to be able to enjoy playing with my 4 year old and be an active mom. My mom ended up losing her leg due to being overweight and diabetes and i dont want to follow in her footsteps. I am starting fastin today cause in 8 months i have lost 22lbs so hopefully this will help me do better.

SW 287 (10-1-10)
LW 23lbs (6-13-11)
GW 185lbs

2506416.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend fasting as a means of weight loss. It's ok to do occasionally, but the effects will not stick around long term.
  • Hanna82
    Hanna82 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    fasting is really bad for your body. i urge you to consider other means of weight loss
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I also wouldn't recommend it, at all actually. If you don't feed your body it will put it in "survival mode" and will hold on the food it does get longer because it doesn't know when you are going to eat again. You can eat and lose weight easily... just eat healthy! Good Luck!!
  • gioisa75
    gioisa75 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Fasting is not a long term solution for your weight loss.
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    FASTIN is a drug. Not fasting the verb.

http://fastindietpillsreview.com/
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Forget about fasting. Walk everyday (if you dont workout already) and modify your meals that you eat everyday to make them healthy. You dont need to starve to lose weight. :)
  • clpott19
    clpott19 Posts: 11
    Options
    She's talking about the medication Fastin. Phentermine. While this is a very dangerous prescription drug(a part of the banned drug Phen-Fen), and only should be used for a short amount of time, it does work if combined with a healthy diet and exercise program.

Good luck! You've already got the right idea by losing it yourself. Just be aware of the dangers of the medication (sorry for the tiny drug rant..too much pharmacy experience for this girl)
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    FASTIN is a drug. Not fasting the verb.

http://fastindietpillsreview.com/

Oh! Yeah I dont know anything about that but "Drugs are bad, Mmkay."
  • Kudzu
    Kudzu Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I took this medicine years ago. It worked for me as far as helping with my appetite but I did not do any type of behavior modification. So once off the meds I gained the weight back. Doing MFP is a great way to start a new lifestyle change! Use the medicine for a short while but remember once the pills are gone you still have to watch what you eat.....

There isn't a magic solution--- just exercise and changing how you eat! Good luck!

Beth
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    It doesnt seem to be a long term solution, which i assume is what you're after. All these pills, drugs, diets, etc are simply short term solutions. Just like putting a sticking plaster over a gushing wound. You need to address the causes, rather than the symptoms.

Any short term program is almost bound to fail, as as soon as you finish, you'll end up putting the weight back on again. Look more into making lifestyle changes, healthier eating, and more regular exercise. Nothing is better than that for losing weight, and, more importantly, keeping it off for life.
  • Mrsjenningsjr
    Mrsjenningsjr Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about the drug Fastin but I know a bit about fasting.

Well, fasting is very different and you have to be careful. I have fasted for religious reasons and have lost 4-7lbs...I usually do fast the day before my weigh in maybe every 2 weeks but just for that one day. Although its only like 2 pounds it helps with my confidence level and my focus and I face the new week with a more stable dedication to tracking and eating within my calories.

Two to four times a month for one day only may prove to be helpful. Anything in excess of this I would not recommend.
  • Yamiko1012
    Yamiko1012 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    thanks for the advice but i am not fasting i am taking fastin the prescription

2506416.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    You will lose weight with fastin and you can lose it fast. It can wipe out your appetite completely so make sure you are eating enough calories and that you are getting in the habit of exercising. The pills will start to lose their power after a few months and you really need to be prepared for what's going to happen...your appetite is going to return. Once it returns, I hope that you have adjusted and learned healthy eating habits. If not, you will put all the weight back on.
  • Yamiko1012
    Yamiko1012 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i have taken it before and i know the side effects and affect it takes when your done taking it but this time i am going about it a different way and i hoping i am able to lose so weight ... thanks for your advice

2506416.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jenahaynes
    Options
    I've been on Fasin now for 5 days and already lost 7 pds! I love it I have no appetite at all. How are you doing with it? I only take a half of one in morning and half of one in afternoon.