Any tips?

Options
Any tips on getting started?
Bad time to start christmas season I know, but need some inspiration and guidance.
Weight lose is hard for loads of people I've struggled with my weight specialy after having my daughter :(
I managed to loose 4 stone but now keep yo - yo ING. .
I've put on a 16 pounds in the last year,
Need tips and what to suggest around working and being a single mum.

Replies

• melmerritt33
    melmerritt33 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I found that making sure I logged absolutely everything I ate was a good start for me because it really made me start thinking about what I ate and also the calorie total going red for the day made me think about whether I really wanted to eat more!
  • bmayes2014
    bmayes2014 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Truthfully, there is no such thing as a bad time to start :) Most important is that you started. I am also a single mom or should I say 'mum' and I workout mornings but most important thing is getting and maintaining a caloric deficit for weight loss. Here is a good link and best of luck! http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1235566/so-youre-new-here/p1
  • fitgoals23
    fitgoals23 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Log everything and don't just focus on calories. Make sure you are getting the right amounts of protein, fiber, vitamins, etc. I also find planning ahead very helpful, especially when it comes to being busy and working. I plan my meals in advance which helps me shop for the right things and have food prepped so when it comes to meal time I can quickly and easily prepare my meal. It also helps me keep my diet on track because I think my nutrients for the whole day and not item by item. And if I end up doing something different than my plan, it's no big deal. I just go back and correct my log. Good Luck to you!!!
  • kirstyclarke3705
    kirstyclarke3705 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you @fitgoals23
  • kirstyclarke3705
    kirstyclarke3705 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you @bmayes2014 ill check it out :)