Weighing and measuring food.

Options
2»

Replies

• bcjan562
    bcjan562 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Way to go on your walk today!
    You may want to get yourself a fitbit or some kind of step counter (not sure which ones are compatible on MFP). Link it to MFP and it automatically adds your fitness to your totals.
  • cbunbaker
    cbunbaker Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I should not have tried so hard Monday trying to walk 3 miles in one hour to start with, I was so sore Tuesday morning when I got up, I barely was able to get around. But I rested Tuesday, and today I will get out there and do it again. My willpower is still strong, and, I haven't had any sweets at all, or sugar in my coffee yet!!!!! I never thought I could drink coffee without my sugar. I don't miss the sugar in my coffee, and it's day 4.
  • emily7kg
    emily7kg Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    When you quit sugar, your desire for it goes away after a few days.
  • april_69xx
    april_69xx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Any tips for how to weigh spaghetti? :)
  • Dreysander
    Dreysander Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Put a plate or a bowl on your scale then zero it, then put your pasta on the plate / in the bowl.
  • Ryan70286
    Ryan70286 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    This is my next goal is trying to make sure I measure my food correctly, I think pasta - measuring pasta is the hardest.
  • cbunbaker
    Options
    bcjan, I bought a sportline pedometer from W.M., for about 10.00. Supposedly it measures steps and miles. I think it is pretty accurate. Today it showed I walked 7625 steps, and 3.6 miles.. I thought about a fitbit, but I don't need anything complicated, simple works for me.
  • cbunbaker
    Options
    Walked again yesterday for one hour doing 3 miles. Body wasn't sore this time when I got up this morning. After the initial shock to my body, guess it decided to cooperate by not being sore. Scale hasn't moved yet, not even a little bit, but I am sticking to it.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    april_69xx wrote: »
    Any tips for how to weigh spaghetti? :)

You should weight pasta dry whenever possible. If you are only eating a portion of what you are making weigh the whole thing dry and then cooked and take out the percentage you were going to eat. So say you made a lb of spaghetti but, only wanted 4 oz you would take .25 of the spaghetti weight cooked once it's done.