Need motivation...heeellllppp please :

Options
hey guys!
Anyone has some good tricks to stay motivated and stick to the plan?
Maya

Replies

• Ryan70286
    Ryan70286 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Ask yourself why do you want to lose weight?
  • mayah2103
    mayah2103 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you Ryan :)
    I know why I want to loose weight but it is not enough to keep me eating healthy all the time and especially exercising
    I am exhausted all the time due to my very demanding job plus I suffer from chronic back pain
    But I have to exercise to help with my pain so it is kind of a vicious circle :(
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Motivation waxes and wanes. You're going to have to fire up your determination to grit through it, even when you are NOT motivated.
  • mayah2103
    Options
    Thank you quiksylver296, I'm trying

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    mayah2103 wrote: »
    Thank you quiksylver296, I'm trying

I drag my tired butt to the gym three nights a week. I usually do NOT want to go. But, I am determined and I do it (and am always glad I did, afterwards). If I waited until I was motivated, I wouldn't make it to the gym regularly at all.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Motivation waxes and wanes. You're going to have to fire up your determination to grit through it, even when you are NOT motivated.

Yes, this is correct. Motivation is necessary in the beginning but it doesn't last. My take on it is that I've turned exercise and logging into habits. I don't feel "right" if I haven't exercised or logged my food. But you've got to stick with it long enough for that to happen. And it definitely takes longer than the 30 days everyone wishes that it did!
  • mayah2103
    Options
    Thanks guys,
    The problem with me is that I can be very healthy and exercise regularly but for some strange reason it cannot last
    There is always something that will stop me from continuing
    I have to say though, I find this app really helpful, you can find all the foods in here it's unbelievable!!! :) so easy to keep track
    I hope this will help me stay motivated, it is so good :)
    And thanks for the comments,
    that is so nice to know that there are people out there who r willing to help others ☺️
  • Ryan70286
    Ryan70286 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Have you tried swimming or doing yoga?
  • lucasdarathy
    lucasdarathy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I started reading a book called The Beck Diet Solution.

The first step is to write down WHY you want to lose weight (it even offers you a list, if you're like me and can't put it into words). Once you have your motives to lose weight, you make cards where you have said motives and carry them with you.

You use them whenever you are tempted to go off your diet, and you can also have a system where you check them in determined times to remind you why you're doing this.

You could try this, I don't think it'd do you any harm. :smiley:
  • Dakryn
    Dakryn Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    This is my second time around.. This time.. I'm going to worry about today.. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow will be here soon enough... Add me if you'd like!
  • mayah2103
    Options
    Ryan70286 wrote: »
    Have you tried swimming or doing yoga?

Hi Ryan,
    Yes, I have tried it all and do love to exercise but for some reason I can't keep doing it regularly
    It must be stress or sth, I really don't know.
  • mayah2103
    Options
    I started reading a book called The Beck Diet Solution.

The first step is to write down WHY you want to lose weight (it even offers you a list, if you're like me and can't put it into words). Once you have your motives to lose weight, you make cards where you have said motives and carry them with you.

You use them whenever you are tempted to go off your diet, and you can also have a system where you check them in determined times to remind you why you're doing this.

You could try this, I don't think it'd do you any harm. :smiley:

thank you for advice lucasdarathy :)
    I do know why I want to loose weight, it is more about feeling better then looking great (although if you do something about the first the second comes anyway )
    Exercise is a great stress buster and yet I don't do it
    I cannot wait until Xmas break, my job is killing me slowly but surely, I am just too stressed
  • bevkidd1
    bevkidd1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I want to do this for my health and also it would be awesome to be able to stand up without holding onto a table or chair and not be so stiff that I have to stand in one place until I am able to walk without pain and stiffness.

I have over 100 lbs to lose and I know I can do it, I just have to start. It's not easy when you don't have much of a support system. I am seeing a nutritionist at work and he is going to hold me accountable and not be happy with me if I have not made any progress before my next visit with him. I have to get moving. I have exercise dvd's that I will begin using again...after I re-connect my dvd player to my tv.

Just need some peeps to help me stay motivated and keep me accountable.
  • WSOX37
    WSOX37 Posts: 1,611 Member
    Options
    Add
  • mayah2103
    Options
    bevkidd1 wrote: »
    I am in the same boat. I want to do this for my health and also it would be awesome to be able to stand up without holding onto a table or chair and not be so stiff that I have to stand in one place until I am able to walk without pain and stiffness.

I have over 100 lbs to lose and I know I can do it, I just have to start. It's not easy when you don't have much of a support system. I am seeing a nutritionist at work and he is going to hold me accountable and not be happy with me if I have not made any progress before my next visit with him. I have to get moving. I have exercise dvd's that I will begin using again...after I re-connect my dvd player to my tv.

You are Doing great! Dont rush it, just be positive, even if you slip be kind to yourself and start again,
    Have you tried hypnosis? And I'm not talking about going to teraphist,
    You can buy cd or download an app with weightloss hypnosis, I find it very helpful
    Be strong
  • bevkidd1
    bevkidd1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    mayah2103 wrote: »
    bevkidd1 wrote: »

You are Doing great! Dont rush it, just be positive, even if you slip be kind to yourself and start again,
    Have you tried hypnosis? And I'm not talking about going to teraphist,
    You can buy cd or download an app with weightloss hypnosis, I find it very helpful
    Be strong

I think once I get my rhythm going I will do fine. I like exercising so thats not going to ever be my issue. It's always going to be the food. I am not really prepared right now either so that makes it even harder to do this. But I have started this journey and I'm going to finish it. I just need to get my behind to the store.