Type of HRM Timex T5G971??

Options
jamie31
jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
I have been thinking of getting a HRM and have seen some good reviews on the Timex T5G971. It seems to be reasonably priced and includes your calories burned. Does anyone have this HRM and what are your thoughts on it????

Replies

• weidner
    weidner Posts: 127
    Options
    bump

Great questions - would love to hear responses!
  • JustAmy
    JustAmy Posts: 291
    Options
    I have the Timex T5G981 (probably the same watch) that I bought on Amazon for $50 with free shipping ~ I LOVE it!:heart: It is really easy to use and set up, the chest strap and watch always communicate, there has been no glitches! The only complaint would be that it is rather big, but since it is for exercise, I'm not really worried about style at that time!:flowerforyou:
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I just bought the T4G971 off amazon.com and received it yesterday. Sorry, too soon to give you a review. It wasn't too hard to set up though once I figured out that you have to turn the HRM off to set the clock and turn it on to set the heart rate, weight, etc. Unfortunately, I was planning to share this with my husband, but it only remembers the weight of 1 person. He won't remember how to change it each time to get a more accurate calorie count. I'll keep this one for myself and let him keep using my old Polar that doesn't count calories.
  • sweetrevenge
    Options
    How funny, I logged on just to ask about a HRM, I will look into this one. Thanks!
  • jehan
    jehan Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I just got my timex T5G971. I absolutely love it. You can have the batteries of the chest strap changed without having to send them to the company unlike some HRMs. It's cheap and it does what is should be able to do, count calories, calculates your time in your zone. Absolutely love it.
  • flattsfan22
    flattsfan22 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    do you all feel that it reads calories burned accurately. I've been looking into the Polar HRM's but I'm not sure I want to spend that kind of money on one....think I might look into this one.
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    How do you set your weight and such into the watch? T5G971
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    @ShrinkingNinja - Do you have one and need help? If so, I can walk you through it since I just figured all that out. Just message me...
  • christineanne8
    Options
    I just bought this watch (Timex T5G971) and cannot figure out how to set the weight either. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!
  • Heidi703
    Heidi703 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Did you ever figure this out? I have the watch and think I set it up, but now that I am losing I want it to be more accurate, but cannot find the manual
  • Bjninja
    Bjninja Posts: 44
    Options
    In case no one replied, you have to hit "On/Off" so that it start taking your heart rate, then hit and hold "Set" until it says "Hold to Set." Then you can use "Recall" to move the cursor forward, "On/Off" to increase and "Recv/Date" to decrease. Hit "Set" again to confirm.