Your Post-Workout Meal?

Mine Beans with Pomegranate and sweet patato

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    I like some apple and peanut butter if I really need something..
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited December 2015
    I usually ride at lunch...so whatever i'm having for lunch. i'm in the gym a couple nights per week so whatever i'm having for dinner and usually i'm in the gym mid morning on Saturday so whatever i'm having for lunch.

i'm hitting the gym tonight and we're having grilled salmon, baked sweet potato, and steamed broccoli for dinner.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited December 2015
    I workout at 5 am so my breakfast is typically 100 grams of protein, 40-50 grams of fat some Carbs around a 1000 calories lunch is about the same then a small snack at night..

I do use a scoop of chocolate protein powder in my 12 ounces of milk but just because I like the chocolate taste I get enough protein via my diet and the extra calories don't hurt me what so ever..
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    I workout mainly in the morning and eat the same breakfast (afterward) nearly every day--soft boiled eggs, bread, fruit, coffee with milk.
  • westln
    westln Posts: 35 Member
    I usually have an apple, Greek yogurt, or plant fusion protein after every workout. I'm looking active members to support so please add me.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Usually my regularly scheduled meal. Nothing special.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    I usually drink a whey/casein blend and eat a banana because they are fast and convenient.
  • Rice and beans, with plenty of water
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Sweet Potato - Yeh!!
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    In general I find I don't need a post workout meal. I workout at lunch and/or evening. Eating my lunch after a noon workout & dinner after an evening workout works for me. On the days I do take an extra meal I usually eat whole foods such as eggs or 1/2 can tuna or salmon with a banana or Apple. I also keep a "paleo" or "simply" protein bar in my gym bag & some protein powder as a go to if I feel like that instead.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Dinner. Sometimes followed by second dinner. Then first dessert and second dessert.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Today I had a shoot after my workout so my meal was only 20 grams of oats and 3 servings of egg whites microwaved to avoid any bloat lol. But the usual is either egg whites, vegetables, and some form of oatmeal(:
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Generally a scoop of isolate, scoop of casein, 5g creatine MH, and a vegetable supplement. It's quick and easy and fills me up till I'm able to get home to make a proper meal.
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    I usually drink a whey protein shake and a tuna mayo sandwich.
  • mmarie_3
    mmarie_3 Posts: 57 Member
    Kodiak cake waffles made with egg whites, SF syrup, and a whole egg on top. Nom nom.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    mmarie_3 wrote: »
    Kodiak cake waffles made with egg whites, SF syrup, and a whole egg on top. Nom nom.

I finally got to try kodiak cakes this week and they have changed my life. But I got such a rush of energy from them, was thinking I should eat them pre-workout instead.
  • Shelle58704
    Shelle58704 Posts: 25 Member
    I work out about an hour after breakfast. I'll have a handful of cashews after if I need it. Mostly I wait for lunch.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Whatever and whenever my next meal is. I don't specifically eat post-workout.

If I'm hungry, a snack of whatever I feel like at the time.
  • HighCarbVegan85
    HighCarbVegan85 Posts: 2 Member
    I carb up after my workout. Nothing too crazy though. When I work out in the am, I'll do fasted cardio and have oatmeal for breakfast right after. When I work out after work, I'll have pasta or potatoes after.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Some jerky and a slice of lowfat cheese, a fried egg sandwich with one egg, one piece of whole wheat toast and ketchup. Barilla high protein pasta with ragu sauce. Post workout is generally when I allow myself a carb source I typically can't fit into a 1200 calorie diet, with a protein.