In search of non-food rewards!

Options
Hi all,

I'm charting out which rewards I will give myself to celebrate 5, 10, 15 pounds lost, etc. So far the only thing I can think of is putting money away for new clothes but I'd like help coming up with more instant-gratification rewards.

What do you use?

Replies

• jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    get your hair done! buy new makeup! maybe buy one shirt of pair of jeans or a pair of shoes! when i hit 145 i'm going to get a new tattoo!
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    get a piercing or go to a day spar. treat yourself with a new film/cd/game
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Hair cut, new clothes, massage, tattoo, going to an amusement park (try all the rides I couldn't due to weight gain), before and after pictures.
  • jnchorn
    jnchorn Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have been looking for the same thing. I was use to rewarding myself with food so its hard to think of other rewards. Here a couple I did, new OPI nailpolish, workout wear, an ellipitical machine, workout DVD and Biggest Loser cookbook. I have heard these suggested: mani/pedi, massage, girls night out, theater tickets, jewelry, etc. It's all really up to what you like. :)
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    New shoes, athletic stuff like a heart rate monitor, a special date night with a new outfit, I do this for each milestone I reward myself my next reward will be a manicure/pedicure when I get to 200 and my first one to get to 215 was a pair of expensive gym shoes
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I always feel guilty about buying an expensive purse. Do that! Splurge on a bag that you might feel guilty about otherwise.
  • karene327
    karene327 Posts: 4
    Options
    How about scheduling a beach vacation or cruise, motivation to be able to wear a swimsuit in public and enjoy the water.
  • karene327
    karene327 Posts: 4
    Options
    How about scheduling a beach vacation or cruise, motivation to be able to wear a swimsuit in public and enjoy the water.
  • Dahlface13
    Dahlface13 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    In the past I built myself a little chart with graduating rewards ("smallest" at 5lbs, "biggest" at goal) so that as my weight got progressively closer to goal, the rewards got more exciting.

Some of the stuff (but I can't completely remember the order) included:

Running shoes
    Jewelry
    Cute shoes
    Standing punching bag
    Tattoo
    $50 gift card to my favorite store
    Mani/pedi
    DVD
    New bedding
  • Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    Massage or spa day..
  • kbw414
    kbw414 Posts: 194
    Options
    When I get to my goal weight, I'm going out to buy some sexy lingerie and I'm going to seduce my husband big time! :love:
  • raedlewis
    raedlewis Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    When I get to 22 lbs lost (1/3 of my goal) I am going to buy Wii Zumba. It's a fun reward for me, and as a bonus it'll help me get to my final goal!
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm charting out which rewards I will give myself to celebrate 5, 10, 15 pounds lost, etc. So far the only thing I can think of is putting money away for new clothes but I'd like help coming up with more instant-gratification rewards.

What do you use?

mani/pedi (or a full spa day...glorious!); get your hair did (that's one of my rewards!); bragging status on facebook/MFP;--granted I don't know what appeal to you these are just suggestions that I plan on taking full advantage of- I love to be pampered and what better excuse than to celebrate my hard work!
  • defygravity531
    defygravity531 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Great ideas, thank you!! I think that for my first 5 pounds mark, hopefully in a couple of weeks, I'm going to plan a nice non-food related date with my boyfriend and dress way up for it. :) I LOVE going out when I look all pretty.
  • redmenacenh
    redmenacenh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Go out dancing, buy something for your new apartment, walk on the beach, little shopping trips....