losing 50% of my body weight

Options
Wow.. that sounds so impossible now that I put it in writing.

Ive been on this site for about half a week now and I REALLY enjoy it. So far I have received alot of encouragement from alot of kool people.

I have 50% of my body weight to lose.... Thats 163 pounds :-(... In January 2010 I started losing on weight watchers and by June I had lost 33 pounds. Then I stopped focusing on myself and have gained all of it back over the last year.

So here I am :-) Im at it again but I have decided not to do weight watchers right now because they changed their plan. Im going to stick with counting calories for now. I weighed in on Thursday and as of this morning, I am down 3 pounds :-). Yay me!

Replies

• sbrown6
    sbrown6 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    MFP is such a great site. I'm sure you will find all of the inspiration and motivation you need here. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. I'm new here too (5 days) and can use all of the support I can get.
  • SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I'm losing about 50% of mine too! It sounds hard but you just have to take it one at a time and things will fall into place.
  • Lulumaguloo
    Options
    I requested you, we have similar goals. Let me know if you need anything :)
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Im working on losing half of me too! Just started a blog about it, the address is in my signature.
  • knapowell
    knapowell Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi, I also had about 50% body weight to lose. I started on MFP on November 8, 2010 and as of yesterday I am 87 pounds down. MFP and all of the people here have been a great asset. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • MovesLikePuma
    Options
    Good luck! I also have 150 pounds to lose. I have also found that people are very friendly and supportive on the site. I am always looking for friends who will give support and motivation so if you friend me, we can help each other along the way.
  • Sarah_uk
    Sarah_uk Posts: 209
    Options
    I had about 50% to lose.

My starting weight was 142kg, my goal weight 74.9 kg.

You can do it, I will add you :)
  • grace1611
    grace1611 Posts: 55
    Options
    Hi go girl , you cant beat calorie counting. You will get there one pound at a time. Try to eat healthy ,I try to focas on what,s good for my body , well it works for me.
  • justnname
    justnname Posts: 162
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I have lost 50 so far and working on the next 50. We all need motivation and support
  • witchyboots
    witchyboots Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! :flowerforyou:

I'm going to send you a friend request as we have pretty similar goals xx
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    friend request sent I dont have quite as much weight to loose but the more support you can get the better for everybody! And congrats on the 3 pound loss
  • mcalabrese79
    Options
    I started blogging mine as well... I wanna use pictures as well.

Mine is
    http://losing167pounds.blogspot.com
  • mcalabrese79
    Options
    thank you very much
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I want to lose a total of that, also. 50% for me is 160 lbs. I'm down 36 so far but not without a LOT of work and encouragement from ppl here. add me if you would like :)
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I signed up to follow your blog, will send a friend request also
  • mcalabrese79
    Options
    Thank you LifeAfter29 :-)
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal! :smile:
  • bassetsrule
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I was doing WW also but I can't afford it anymore. I really like this site as well, it's free and I love the support you get on here. We will all make our goals!!!