I looooove Grapefruit.

Options
My new breakfast: 1 Grapefruit for breakfast, 80 cal and keeps me full all morning even better than eggs. Must be the ton of vitamin C. No idea but its awesome!

Replies

• quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I love grapefruit but it sure doesn't leave me full.

Enjoy!
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    It's that time of year. Yum!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I love grapefruit along with my milk, coffee, eggs, and toast. I'd never make it to lunch if all I ate was grapefruit.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Just becareful if you take any prescribed medications. Grapefruit can interact with some meds.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    A customer just dropped off six of them in our break room today...guess who will be eating free grapefruit the rest of the week?? Just the smell of the makes my mouth water.
    LOVE grapefruit...they don't fill me up though, so they are usually a supplement to another snack or my lunch.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I just added pink grapefruit to my routine. Mine is 104 calories for a whole grapefruit. Today I added 1/2 a grapefruit to my salad for lunch. I was pleasantly surprised it tasted as good as it did. I will add the other half tomorrow. Enjoy!
  • jemhh
    Options
    I used to have a coworker who had some sort of weird/sketchy grapefruit hookup. She would get a last minute phone call and have to leave work immediately to meet the grapefruit guy in a parking lot somewhere. It was quite odd BUT those were the best grapefruit I've ever had in my life. I feel like I am chasing some sort of grapefruit high whenever I get them from the store but they never compare to the ones my coworker got me.
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Just becareful if you take any prescribed medications. Grapefruit can interact with some meds.

Yes I heard that too. Luckily I am not taking any meds.
  • ekruska802
    ekruska802 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I used to have a coworker who had some sort of weird/sketchy grapefruit hookup. She would get a last minute phone call and have to leave work immediately to meet the grapefruit guy in a parking lot somewhere. It was quite odd BUT those were the best grapefruit I've ever had in my life. I feel like I am chasing some sort of grapefruit high whenever I get them from the store but they never compare to the ones my coworker got me.

I love grapefruit, and I love the concept of a sketchy grapefruit meeting. This is my favorite thing I've read all day, in fact.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options

If you had a dirty mind, you could read that in an entirely different way. *cough* Not me, though. That was cute!
  • jemhh
    Options
    ekruska802 wrote: »

I love grapefruit, and I love the concept of a sketchy grapefruit meeting. This is my favorite thing I've read all day, in fact.

Lol. I was pregnant the first time she gave me one of the grapefruit. I remember asking her if she was sure it was safe because the whole thing seemed weird.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Yeah, illicit grapefruit hook ups. Sounds exciting! I LURVE grapefruit, ever since I was a little girl. I love bitter flavors. New research shows people who like that flavor range have a slightly greater chance of being psychopaths! LOL
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    Lol, it wasn't Kai Greene was it?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I love it too! Only problem is it really doesn't fill me up for long, but it's a great addition to breakfast. I like to section the halves, put each half in its own travel-bowl the night before, and pop it in my lunchbox. I'm terrible at dealing with stuff like that in the morning, but if I do it the night before I'm good. Last night the one I sliced into was almost jewel-tone red... mmm, pretty!
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    It just so happened tat Mrs Jruzer brought home some grapefruit from the grocery store last night, so now I've got some in my lunch bag. Score.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options

55ebaccd614021eac2e1ce4f79bf84e7.jpg
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Just bought a Pomelo, never had them, hope they are as good as grapefruit.
  • zadowd
    zadowd Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the grapefruit essential oil to add to my water!!
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i love it too with a .5 tsp of organic sugar mmm