Weight gained in a week

Options
I have been working out like crazy the past week and eating I think waaay too few calories but have been hectic busy this week.

What I don't understand is I actually weigh 3kgs MORE than what I did last week this time?!?!?!

How is this possible?

It's insanely hot here at the moment so I'm not sure if I'm just retaining water, but is it even possible to retain that amount of water? Feeling very demotivated :(

Replies

• ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    3kgs of water isn't a very large amount if you've been 'working out like crazy' (assuming that means a step up in intensity over your usual routine).
  • threadmad
    threadmad Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I know you said you've been eating too few calories, but have you been eating more sodium or carbs? Those two things make me retain water, along with increased exercise like ultrahoon said.
  • MissT895
    MissT895 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I was told that when u start new vigorous exercises that the muscles hold onto water. Also sodium is alof of things that also retain it. Take measurements and go by looser clothes, before and after photos also for women the time of the month fluctuates the weight a lot as well.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    You need to measure percent of body fat. That's what matters!
  • BettyBoles
    BettyBoles Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    If you are working out like crazy, you should watch out your diet.. The calories and carbohydrates intake.. Low carb diet can be very helpful..
  • Linseymout
    Linseymout Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info.

I'm on a very low carb eating plan at the moment. Checked my diary now and seems my sodium isn't high either.... Soooo frustrating!!

Will measure tomorrow and see how that compares.