stuck

Options
Hi I used to be 720 pounds I have lost 480 pounds I eat healthy I exercise on regular basis I'm stumped I need some help or advice I still need to lose 70 to 50 pounds more to reach my goals any advice or help to move forward

Replies

• himilayaneyes
    himilayaneyes Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    First, congrats on losing 480 pounds. That's amazing. It's hard to give advice without knowing the type of food you eat on a regular basis or the type of exercise you do. Have you tried clean eating or meeting with a nutritionist? As far as exercise, are you doing the same exercises or switching it up to keep your body guessing. Are you weight training? If so, try hiring a persona trainer temporarily. Good luck.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    What a fantastic result! How long has this taken you and how did you do it? Knowing that will help to offer suggestions about how to take this further. But in my book, maintaining at 480lb down would already be an achievement.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Are you getting any exercise?

Incredible accomplishment!!!
  • Lamorena619
    Lamorena619 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    First, congrats on losing 480 pounds. That's amazing. It's hard to give advice without knowing the type of food you eat on a regular basis or the type of exercise you do. Have you tried clean eating or meeting with a nutritionist? As far as exercise, are you doing the same exercises or switching it up to keep your body guessing. Are you weight training? If so, try hiring a persona trainer temporarily. Good luck.

• Lamorena619
    Options
    I was a diabetic so I eat very low carb I try to eat lots of greens salads, and steamed vegetables turkey chicken, fish no pastas. I exercise 3 - 4 times a week I mix it up one time I work out 5 days a week, and I mix up my exercises and during the summer I add in trails and walking just this last 50 lb I've been at it for the last 6 months I cannot lose any weight. :#
  • PowerKickChic
    PowerKickChic Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Wrong forum, you might want to go over to General Diet and Weight Loss Help to get more responses :)
  • Lamorena619
    Options
    I was a diabetic so I eat very low carb I try to eat lots of greens salads, and steamed vegetables turkey chicken, fish no pastas. I exercise 3 - 4 times a week I mix it up one time I work out 5 days a week, and I mix up my exercises and during the summer I add in trails and walking just this last 50 lb I've been at it for the last 6 months I cannot lose any weight. :# I've been working at this weight loss for the last 6 years took me 1 year to lose the 480 pounds lots of works clean eating stay within the guidelines

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Being able to lose that much and maintain it for 6 months is AMAZING!!! For me when I get stuck the best thing I can do is just change things. I get to be a creature of habit and have the same routine foods and types of exercises day in and day out for week after week. So, if I get stuck, then I just try to still eat healthy but change everything I'm eating...if I'm having salads with tuna most days, then I'll switch to sauté vegetables with nuts or mushrooms...if I'm doing more cardio, then I'll switch to a body building routine or if I'm doing more weights, then I'll scale back the weights and swap in more cardio.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!