how do you celebrate your weight loss?

Options
As the title says.
I've just lost my first 5kg (i think 10 lb) how do you celebrate?

I'm so accustomed to going out for dessert, but it seems wrong this time?

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    New clothes or accessories.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Get the dessert and fit it into your calories.

I bought a ring for the double milestone of getting below 200/losing 50, but nothing else until I reach my goal weight (a tattoo). I always buy things as I want/need them, so setting a target for those doesn't work for me.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Honestly? By jumping around naked in front of the mirror shouting AWWWWWWWWWWWWWYEEEEEEEEEAH
  • ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I flex in front of the mirror, then double check my blinds were definitely drawn, then flex again and move on to the next half a pound down. Little by little, bit by bit!
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Honestly? By jumping around naked in front of the mirror shouting AWWWWWWWWWWWWWYEEEEEEEEEAH

I did this and then got asked to leave the John Lewis Home department.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    FatMoojor wrote: »

I did this and then got asked to leave the John Lewis Home department.

Bahahahahaha

I celebrate with tattoos
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I stand in front of the mirror, giggle in a most unattractive fashion, and keep losing. Hubby set up rewards for my losses in 25lb increments. I just got my 175 spa day and I'm working towards my 150 bikini with attached Key West vacation.
  • jthompson2006
    jthompson2006 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I told my sister...I hadn't mentioned me trying to lose weight to anyone yet...so when I lost 10 lbs I told my sister.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I started sleeping nekkid.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Massage for each 10 lb drop
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    Options
    Clothes as sizes go down. I bought my first new outfit at -50, and then I just legitimately needed some things after that because old clothes became unwearable. I got a Fitbit Charge HR as my reward for losing 100. So, stuff that I think is cool but is also practical in a way.
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I do the happy dance around the scale, running through the house yelling, which can be awkward, cause I am usually naked. But its just me and the dog so I can condone my behavior.
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    You can put me down for the naked victory dance as well!

I also go through my stash of "before-time" clothes and see what fits now. It's kind of like traveling back through time!!

However, I am 10 pounds away from the 50 pound loss mark, and I plan on treating myself to something really special--a weekend with my husband (and no toddler) on a beach somewhere in a new bikini!!
  • bmayes2014
    bmayes2014 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    just the feeling itself it celebration enough for me...and looking in the mirror naked! loves it! But you can have dessert. There's nothing wrong with that. I have that anyway within my deficit so it's all good! enjoy!
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Its got to be the happy dance :smiley:
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    I step on and off the scale a few extra times to make sure it is correct. If there are jeans in my wardrobe that are too baggy, they get taken out of the drawer so I stop grabbing them to wear. Then when the drawer starts to get empty, go buy new more flattering clothes to show my success.
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Massage and the determination to lose even more. When nothing fits any more, clothes:)
  • tamracgoff
    tamracgoff Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I haven't hit my first goal yet but when I hit 170 in going to get a kettle bell, 165- resistance bands, 160- new diaper bag/purse, 155- wax warmer, 150- massage, 145- 3 things from bath & body works, 140- Nose Piercing, and 135- New clothes.
  • theawill519
    theawill519 Posts: 242 Member
    Options

This.

I originally had different rewards planned (clothes, massage, new running shoes, etc), but I never followed through with them. The amazing feeling I get when I see those lower numbers on the scale is reward enough for me... Then I proceed to happy dance.
  • alizesmom
    alizesmom Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    New clothes are a consequence of weight loss. My rewards are things I've wanted but thought were silly. Got a tattoo, spa day, Geek Squad clean up on my laptop to name a few. Funny thing is that as I get closer to my goal, the rewards don't seem as important.