Calling all Scots! (and others)

Options
http://www.scottishnationaltrail.org.uk/

..So I've been thinking in order to raise money for a charity close to me I am thinking of taking on the Scottish National Trail next summer starting July! It apparetnly takes about 5 weeks and I want to do it all in one go with camping, the only thing holding me back is doing it alone, as a young female this isn't ideal, so calling anyone who is interested in joining?

If not, is there any way to 'train' for this? :P

Replies

• Billy60s
    Billy60s Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Thats an amazing ambition, best of luck
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    Oh that is a wonderful ambition. I have just had look at the website, thanks for the link.
    Maybe look for people who will complete stages with you.

If I wasn't on the west coast of Canada I would do the Borders with you, even though I am old enough to be your granny. My mum and sister are in Peebles/Innerleithen.

I would think for training a good mix of cardio and strength with hill walks at the weekend, overnighters when possible, would work.

There are a few good hikers on this site that will hopefully chime in.

Have fun planning. Keep this thread alive with your plans and progress.

Cheers, h.
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Awk that would have been good if you could! More reason why I am doing it as I haven't been do many places in the south so it lets me see more of Scotland. I think my dad will be taking part in some stages as he used to love hiking but has MS now so cannot do the whole thing.
    Thanks for your response! Claire :)
  • Libertysfate
    Libertysfate Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Not a Scots, but I love the accent (from any region), does that count? :P
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I'm considering doing this as well if my heel improves next year. Maybe see yah out there... ;)