I get down somtimes

Options
Especially when I work so hard at the gym for 3 months straight.. And my brother who I haven't seen in a while asking me if I'm going to the gym .. he said I'm getting fat. I literally cried my way to home

Replies

• saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Don't let his thoughts sabotage your hard work and keep it up. Don't give up.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    When people feel low about themselves, they say garbage like that to bring down other people. You should be thankful you're not like that.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    When people feel low about themselves, they say garbage like that to bring down other people. You should be thankful you're not like that.

This exactly. Tell your brother to stop being an a**hat.
  • taymam
    taymam Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've been at this for a year now. Even the people with the best intentions say the dumbest shjt. Chalk it up to subconscious jealousy and use it to fuel you when youre at the gym.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I'm suspicious that your brother said that intentionally, or subconsciously, to go for the jugular and hurt your feelings. Family members know exactly how to do that. I'd tell him that you work out, and you'd appreciate it if he kept his personal, non-supportive, comments to himself. I'd keep it short and sweet. You're doing great, your profile pic looks amazing, and you don't need his negative sh**. It's really none of his business. As adults, all I ever say to my siblings is, "Wow, you look great. Are you exercising?". Even if they look the same. Or, I say nothing.
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I'd probably smack a sister for saying that! Rude rude rude. I'm glad I don't have brothers cause if they were mean like that I'd kick their *kitten*! You're a rockstar!
  • cupcakegoddess75
    cupcakegoddess75 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend told me this too and I'm barely overweight. You need to be whatever size is right for you. Health and happiness is all within. If you're healthy and happy then who cares what he said. If you're not, use what he said turn into motivation. That's what I did. When I think about what my boyfriend said, it turns into me growling on the inside and i release it with a workout. Even if it's just just walking. I walk "mad" and burn some serious calories! P. S. Give your brother a sticking full of coal for Christmas! Xo
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    I agree he was trying to hurt you. Take control. Next time someone says something rude like that, just take a step back, give them a long slow look from head to toe and back again, and don't say a word. They'll die wondering what your thinking.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend told me this too and I'm barely overweight. You need to be whatever size is right for you. Health and happiness is all within. If you're healthy and happy then who cares what he said. If you're not, use what he said turn into motivation. That's what I did. When I think about what my boyfriend said, it turns into me growling on the inside and i release it with a workout. Even if it's just just walking. I walk "mad" and burn some serious calories! P. S. Give your brother a sticking full of coal for Christmas! Xo

He'd be my ex if he'd said that to me!

Ignore your brother OP, success is the best revenge.
  • KittyInBoots
    KittyInBoots Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I suspect he notices you're losing weight or getting more fit, and due to jealousy he makes you feel like it is the opposite. Ignore that brother of yours. He is probably hiding a muffin top lol...

Like others have said, use it as motivation! You are doing great!
  • bonnieefuentes
    bonnieefuentes Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys.. my boyfriend said the same thing he said he sees the difference and to keep going... I guess it a soft spot we are 4 in total and I'm the fat twin.. So I guess it runs deeper. It's not going to stop me from going to the gym.. I'm still on a mission. Today I went ,even though I was tired from a long day at work I went. Thanks guys for the support and comments <3 bon bon
  • hmoss619
    hmoss619 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    What an awful thing to say to someone! And obviously not true, you look awesome in your profile picture! That's great that you still went to the gym today - don't let the mind games get to you. You know the truth about how hard you are working....plus, I would say your boyfriend knows more about the topic than your brother, ha!