The struggle is real

Options
I lost 30+lbs and this last year I've been eating awful and went back up 8lbs! I suffer extreme depression and I can't get myself off the couch some days any advise?

Replies

• 99Joe
    99Joe Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Its hard to help one with depression. My wife is severely depressed. She goes to a crisis center and can live there for a few weeks until she feels better. One day, I could tell her depression was bad and I said to her, "Do you need to go to the crisis center." She said, "No". I told her that she is the one who makes herself feel better when she's there. She has to make choices to get herself back to feeling well. Choices like eating healthy, participating in the day, stopping the thinking of doing some and just do it when first thought on. She must have believed in that. She started right then and made choices to eat better, and participate in activities. Not everything works for everyone. I hope you can find something that helps you manage your depression. I take anti-depression meds. I often sit like a slug at home, then I think I'll just start taking physical action on my thoughts. If my thoughts tell me to do laundry I just do it. Its a constant struggle, but I'm doing well. I wish you well. Feel free to add me as a friend, I"ll look forward to hearing from you... Joe