What are your daily carbs, fats, and protein percentages, and your fitness goals..? (lose, gain..)

Options
MSH2930
MSH2930 Posts: 161 Member
edited December 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Was curious what others have their daily percentages set at for carbs, fat, and protein, and also if
your goal is to lose, gain, or maintain..?
Thanks!!

Replies

• Twincle1970
    Twincle1970 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    C40%, P40%, F20% to lose weight, only because SeanT says, so I try and keep to that :smiley:
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I'm losing. I don't have a specific breakdown but I do try to hit a minimum of 60, preferably 90, grams of protein every day. Carbs and fat fall wherever they may but on average find myself at around C60%, P20%, F20%
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Calories: 1154
    Protein: 101
    Carbs: 30g
    Fat: 70g

My goal is to continue losing as well as keep my T2D in remission. I'm a female, 5', 165lbs, sedentary, post-bariatric surgery.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Calories: ~1500
    Carbs: ~ 5% or 18 g
    Protein: ~ 20% or 71g
    Fat: ~ 75% or 118 g

My goal is to lose close to 10 more pounds and keep my blood glucose stable. My goal is also to become more fit so even if my weight is mostly stable, I want to gain muscle and lose fat. My weight loss is almost done but gaining the fitness I want will take a long while.

I am a 5'8" female who weighs 149lbs. I would consider myself lightly active (exercise with P90X and coaching a few days a week) since I am largely sedentary beyond the work of keeping up with the house and kids.
  • MSH2930
    Options
    So nice to see inspiration and see how others are faring and share their stories.
    I adjusted mine. I have a lot of weight to lose and started off with Protein 60% and Fat 20% and Carbs 20%. That obviously was not working. So I adjusted to Carbs 45%, Protein 30% and Fat 25%. I seem to be faring much better so far. I had been frustrated because before I made the adjustment, I felt like I was going crazy, and I would be frustrated that I was not making my goals. Since I made the adjustment the weight already seems to be dropping in the last 2 or 3 days. Might just be coincidence, but I will take it!! :)

• melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Calories: 1300-1700 (TDEE is 1900 sedentary)
    Carbs: 60% and often over
    Protein/Fat the rest

I'm still looking to lose around 65-70lbs but after 35lbs I'll be in my "healthy" weight range o:)
  • mikevandewetering
    mikevandewetering Posts: 155 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    minmum of 130 grams protein and 55 grams of fat, the rest is free to fill in. currently doing a reverse diet
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I'm comfortably within my healthy weight range at 125, but would like to decrease BF further, maybe get down to 118 or so and then try to add muscle. For the time being I'm okay maintaining why improving fitness and gradually recomping if that happens (seems to be somewhat based on the fit of clothes).

With the activity I do my maintenance is around 2200. If I try to lose I cut from that. (If sedentary it should be more like 1600.)

I like to keep protein at 100 g or over (.8 g x 120 = 96, so that seems plenty).

I don't care that much about fats vs. carbs, except for how I feel and how I like to eat (I do find eating more carbs help when I'm going lots of cardio, as I tend to do). I fall into a pattern of about 50% carbs, 30% fat, 20% protein when eating at maintenance and 40-30-30 when eating at a deficit which makes sense as I need a higher protein percentage to hit my minimum target when at a deficit, and my protein tends to be the least optional of the higher calorie foods I eat.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I aim for a minimum of 115g protein (typically aim for closer to 146g), 62g of fat, and the rest of my calories can be whatever. I often eat ~40% carbs, but sometimes it shoots up to 60%. I'm losing 1-1.5lb/week. My macros would be the same if I was maintaining or gaining weight.
  • MSH2930
    Options
    So interesting to hear everyone's situations and what they do. Thanks for sharing. Congrats to those doing so well and keep it up everyone!! :)
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Stopped tracking to try and gain without the anxiety of tracking, and going off of weekly weigh ins and the mirror, but I've been tracking long enough to know an idea of how much I'm eating. Last time I tracked I was getting:
    210 P
    500 C
    90F

I'm probably within that range everyday
  • MSH2930
    Options
    I wish we had like buttons for posts. :)
    I think I am soon going to stop tracking, I pretty much have an idea of how it works now.
    And yes, I agree, it is far more telling to gauge how we look and feel as opposed to meeting protein, fat and carb requirements each day. As long as we are making conscious efforts to eat healthy (and work out as we intend) until it becomes second nature to us, then I think that is the bigger picture. :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I don't log so I don't know exactly what my macro breakdown is, nor does it really matter. Macros are great to be aware of and can help you balance out your diet if it's pretty out of whack but people do way too much hand wringing about something that really isn't tremendously important.

I've been maintaining for over 2.5 years, which isn't a fitness goal...fitness is a separate thing from weight management. I'm a cycling enthusiast and for the last few years I've primarily been participating in charity road rides and fun rides and dabbling in some cyclocross. My goal for 2016 is to start doing USAC sanctioned races as a cat5 and move to a cat 4 within the next couple of years. My long term goal is to move to at least a cat3 which will require more than participation and I will have to actually place...
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Carbs 40%, protein 30%, fat 30%. I'm working on losing, and as things become easier I'll drop down to carbs 25%, protein 40%, fat 35%. It always takes me a while to ditch the salty carb cravings.
  • JanineAytekin
    JanineAytekin Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am doing Ketogenic so my Macros are 75% fat 100g, 8% carbs 25g, 17% protein 50g. I feel absolutely amazing and being totally metabolically resistant with PCOS and Hypothyroidism, I am losing steadily with bodyweight exercises, yoga, walking, weight lifting and bicycling.
  • pichu318
    pichu318 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Calories: 1200 to 1700. Depends on the day.
    Protein: 100g+
    Fat: 60g+
    Carbs: Anything remaining

My ideal is to hit my protein and fat goals first and then worry about calories after I have met them in a day. I refuse to eat anything more than 1,700 calories. I can usually get away with 1,400 calories or so. Depends on the day.
  • Dreysander
    Dreysander Posts: 294 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Right now my macros are

1375 cal
    100 + protein
    45 + fat
    the rest from carbs.

I'm still in fat loss. I try to stay around but under my calories and meet protein and fat. I usually exceed protein by about 5 grams and fat I usually hit or I'm under by a gram or two.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    i go by grams and then set the percents as close as I can ..so .85 grams of protein per pound of body mass; .45 grams of fat, and the rest is carbs...that works out to be 50C/25P/25F

gaining right now....about four months into my bulk.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    1370 calories + partial exercise calories

100+ grams of protein (the only reason I do this is because I find that I don't feel hungry with this amount of protein)

I don't pay attention to other macros
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    1300 calories + I eat back half of exercise calories each day. Try for 40C, 30P, 30 fats- I have been losing slowly but steady on this plan